Texas Hunting Forum

moisture resistant protein needed?

Posted By: UNT_Jim

moisture resistant protein needed? - 06/16/09 09:19 PM

Well with all of the rain weve been having around the Hamilton area my protein got soaked, swelled up and clogged up my protein feeder. I had to dig it all out.

Is there moisture resistant protein? If so how much?

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 06/17/09 04:25 PM

I've went from using protein feed that WAS moisture resistant, which still swelled with rain/high moisture levels, to roasted soybeans, and stopped that problem all together.

I was using Record Rack in the blue bags, but still had problems...

Posted By: rifleman

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 06/17/09 07:52 PM

no matter what is advertised, nothing is 100% moisture resistant in a torrential downpour, unless it is covered were even the sideways rain can't get to it.

Posted By: jdickey

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 06/18/09 04:10 AM

AntlerMax is about the only protein product I know of that is moisture resistant!

Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 06/27/09 08:55 PM

You could always try the Bossbuck feeders which are as water resistant as you can get. I have yet to have to unclog a Bossbuck protein feeder. www.bossbuck.com. That is why I sell them besides filling them.

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 06/29/09 02:02 AM

Go with the antlermax watershield product. Works great. However, none of them are going to solve a complete soaker situation.

I bet that smelled real nice if it had sat out in the heat for anytime at all.

Posted By: FeederHelperGuy

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 07/02/09 06:10 AM

Quote:

I've went from using protein feed that WAS moisture resistant, which still swelled with rain/high moisture levels, to roasted soybeans, and stopped that problem all together.

I was using Record Rack in the blue bags, but still had problems...

Roasted soybeans is like 48% protein without the problems. Antler Max is a good product as well

Posted By: Bats21

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 07/09/09 02:37 AM

you can get roasted soy beans mixed with corn there in Hamilton at Micobe 16% protien I have been using it all year with no problems.

Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 07/26/09 07:25 PM

Do you have holes drilled in that feeder tray they hold water could help if you don't have them. I like the tube feeders better but try that hope it helps.

Posted By: Longshank

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 08/01/09 06:12 PM

One option is the molasses protein tubs used for livestock. They may get wet, but if you drill holes in the side for water to run out as they eat it down then rain is not an issue. Other than that the roasted soybeans mentioned above would be best option.

Posted By: jdickey

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 08/01/09 07:12 PM

Quote:

you can get roasted soy beans mixed with corn there in Hamilton at Micobe 16% protien I have been using it all year with no problems.

STAMPEDE Good stuff....I use it too!

Posted By: INRUT

Re: moisture resistant protein needed? - 08/05/09 03:17 AM

I go thru Hamilton to get to my lease. Can you guys tell me where Micobe's at. I come in Hamilton from Hico way and turn right at the square. Can you get me there from the square?
Thanks

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum