Texas Hunting Forum

Thrower

Posted By: tailchaser93

Thrower - 08/22/18 05:33 PM

Whats the best thrower with a built in solar panel for say $80-$150?
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Thrower - 08/22/18 05:47 PM

For the $80-$150 price range I would go with the On-time-solar-elite

https://www.qcsupply.com/510266-on-time-solar-elite-deer-feeder.html
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Thrower - 08/23/18 04:30 PM

This is what I use, built in solar panel no wires showing.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Thrower - 08/24/18 12:01 AM

Honestly there is a HUGE difference in quality between what $80 can get you and what $150 will get you. For the upper end of your price range I would be looking at some of the 12 volt units using "The Timer" and the 12 volt HCR's. I have been running both for nearly 2 decades and you don't have to wonder if its going to go off or not. They pay for themselves pretty quick by not having to buy replacement units every couple of years. Dad is running a HCR that will be 19 or 20 years old this year. We have several others that are 18 years old. In my opinion "The Timer" is better simply because it offers more options on length of feeding times for each feeding.

Check out West Texas Feeder Supply. I think there is even a member here on the forum that sells there stuff.
Posted By: gollygee

Re: Thrower - 08/24/18 12:06 AM

"no bargains" You get what you pay for. Penthouse or outhouse, your choice.

Re: Thrower - 08/25/18 02:19 AM

Do you have a link for the hcr throwers? Thanks for all the replies

Re: Thrower - 08/25/18 02:23 AM

Sorry I just saw where you mentioned west texas feeder supply
Posted By: HLo

Re: Thrower - 08/25/18 02:47 AM

All Seasons are the best and the cheapest. They come with 2 different timers. A cheaper timer and the "Timer". I have not had problems with either one so I get the cheaper one most of the time and it runs of the main battery. Go to Buckey's and pick one up or at Mummies in San Antonio. You can order on line too but shipping isn't cheap because the control unit is heavy. I think at Buckeys $70 and on line like $95. Good luck. Compare that to a 6volt unit at Academy for $50 - $60 and not even in the same league. HOwever you have to add a solar panel for $20 from Academy. Good thing about seperate solar panel is you can get rid of it when it breaks and keep the main control unit that cost the most.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Thrower - 08/25/18 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: gollygee
"no bargains" You get what you pay for. Penthouse or outhouse, your choice.

As with most things in life....
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Thrower - 08/27/18 01:59 PM

West Texas Feeder Supply, get the box with The Timer,built on solar panel and the Eliminator plate. Been going strong 365 for 5 years and haven't even changed the 12v battery (except have changed the AAA battery in The Timer)
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Thrower - 08/27/18 03:31 PM

I sell the West Tex Feeder supply units with THE TIMER and can ship. Have sold to several members on here. Tailchaser 93 let me know if you'd like a quote.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum