Texas Hunting Forum

Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions

Posted By: CenTex

Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/19/17 02:38 AM

Looking for a quality, easy to assemble, easy to move, two man quad pod for my kids and I to hunt together in. Any suggestions?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/19/17 02:25 PM

It's not on their website now, but Academy always has a neat one every fall. I was going to buy the demo when they cleared it out last year but when time rolled around they never got cheap enough. I think they actually stored it instead of closing it out. Retail is around $250 on it.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/19/17 02:52 PM

I was gonna say the same ^

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/19/17 05:12 PM

Perfect. Thank you.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/19/17 09:10 PM

I have one of those Academy 2-man quad pods. I would not call it quality, typical imported thin chinese steel. But, not bad for the cost.

Also, it's not difficult to assemble, but it's not fast either. Lots of parts and pieces.

There are better american-made quad pods out there that break down easy for transport (Double Bubba, Family Traditions, etc) and are much stouter, but they will be ~2X or more the cost. Might check with Ramball36 on here and see what his run too.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/19/17 11:04 PM

Bought mine Tractor Supply, had sale. Flip up gun rail, cushion not thick rear gets a little sore. I think 18' but can adjust lower. Not fun to put up by yourself but did. Don't remember cost.

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/20/17 05:15 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Buddy

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 05/24/17 07:09 PM

I have a quad single build by Ramball, I have no issues with the stability of it at all.
Posted By: thorn4570

Re: Two Man Quad Pod Suggestions - 06/09/17 12:20 AM

I have the academy one and so does my son in law. Not real easy to put together or move. The seats go bad on ya first year. Feels pretty stable. Seats spin together

I have also put to tripods side by side and that worked really good in the past.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum