Texas Hunting Forum

Pop-up Blind Reviews

Posted By: JoshW

Pop-up Blind Reviews - 07/05/15 06:42 PM

I've got a $50 Cabelas gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Looking at buying a new pop-up blind for my wife and I to hunt out of. I've been looking at both the Ameristep Backcountry and Doghouse blinds. Any thoughts on which would be better? Want to stay around $100.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Pop-up Blind Reviews - 07/06/15 09:28 AM

Dog house is to small if you want both if u to fit and the doghouse isn't very high I terms of the ceiling. The crush enforcer by ameristep is awesome!!! It's 50 over what u wanna spend but an fit two people very comfortable.
Posted By: B G

Re: Pop-up Blind Reviews - 07/19/15 05:56 AM

I got a Brick House by Ameristep last year and both my wife and I hunted out of it fine.

The Dog House is fine for one person, hunted out of it with a friend once. My comment to him was "you are going to have your own blind next time, right?" That was why I bought the Brick House.
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Pop-up Blind Reviews - 07/20/15 08:32 PM

What do y'all think of the Ameristep Backcountry?

I picked one up at Cabela's with a discount code.
Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: Pop-up Blind Reviews - 07/24/15 07:23 PM

I am going to cabelas this weekend to check them all out. I think the backcountry is on sale and I have some giftcards to spend.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Pop-up Blind Reviews - 07/25/15 06:48 PM

Think about the ones with a floor in them. Snakes crawl in and scare the hell out of you, scream like a girl!!!!
Posted By: brushbuck

Re: Pop-up Blind Reviews - 08/01/15 01:51 PM

I've got the penthouse by Ameristep and its fantastic for tall hunters and has held up well for two years now. Also have a Ameristep doghouse blind that works well for crossbow hunting that I've used for about five years.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/i...CFQ-maQodQhADxw
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum