Texas Hunting Forum

Squeaky stand!

Posted By: wisco-hunter

Squeaky stand! - 04/18/14 03:01 AM

How do I get the squeaks out of my metal tri pod stands?
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Squeaky stand! - 04/20/14 03:45 AM

Not much you can do when all joints are metal on metal other than greasing them. If you can get ahold of military bearing grease your problem may be solved. Silicone or WD 40 is short term fix.. I actually use rubber washer outside of metal ones, pancaked, on all the struts. Military grease on seat and shroud. Not perfect but better than out the door at the outdoor shop selling them.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Squeaky stand! - 04/20/14 12:31 PM

Take the Teflon Paste/Thread Sealant to all joints, hinges and between metal contact areas. Stuff will last a long time and it works well up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Squeaky stand! - 04/21/14 05:32 PM

What squeaks on it? Our chairs are the only thing that make noise and grease will fix it. Ours have been out in the field long enough I would assume most leg joints etc. have pretty much rusted into place.
Posted By: wisco-hunter

Re: Squeaky stand! - 04/21/14 11:18 PM

I'm going to try all of above, the chairs are the main source of the squeakage
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Squeaky stand! - 04/25/14 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Take the Teflon Paste/Thread Sealant to all joints, hinges and between metal contact areas. Stuff will last a long time and it works well up

Every time I touch that stuff I get it from head to toe. I have had good luck adding rubber washers.
Posted By: TXhoghunter94

Re: Squeaky stand! - 06/12/14 03:56 PM

I usually just use some cheap grease and WD40 and coat anything that might move. Also helps keep the rust off.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Squeaky stand! - 06/12/14 10:03 PM

Yep, it's the chairs of mine that squeak. I've got one that is practically soaked with various oils, sprays, and lubes and the dang thing still squeaks. I know...I know...get another chair.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum