Texas Hunting Forum

Need 4 Ground Blinds

Posted By: Triple Beard

Need 4 Ground Blinds - 04/16/14 11:20 PM

Does anybody have any recommendations for some inexpensive ground blinds? Preferably plastic as I have been using Double Bull Ground Blinds and they are great but I hate to leave them out all season (weather erosion). I'm in the Allen, TX area and would be willing to purchase or pay if anybody builds them. I don't mind plastic blinds as I will stake them down really well.
Posted By: Geezer Ranger

Re: Need 4 Ground Blinds - 04/16/14 11:54 PM

Why not go to the Military Surplus store and buy camo netting. Set it up on a framework of 1x2's, pile some brush around it and you are done. If you are worried about getting rained on put a camo tarp on top and then cover with the netting.
Posted By: 175gr7.62

Re: Need 4 Ground Blinds - 04/17/14 06:48 PM

What is your definition of inexpensive? I build fiberglass blinds.
Posted By: thurmansfiberglass

Re: Need 4 Ground Blinds - 04/18/14 02:33 PM

Pm Sent. Our fiberglass blinds will last 20+ years and all of our products are guaranteed. We also offer quantity discounts to save you more money.
Posted By: ggarciatx

Re: Need 4 Ground Blinds - 04/24/14 05:13 PM

I have made some out of shipping pallets. I get them from the side of dumpsters or businesses who are glad you will haul them away. Some bailing wire, nails, 2x4s and you can make a ground blind for less than ten dollars if you are crafty. Paint comes cheap as I go to Wal-Mart and Home Depot and buy the paint they mix but people back out on. I have bought 1 gallon cans for 3-5 dollars in earth tones, from tans, greys, greens, olives, etc.
Its all about being creative.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum