Texas Hunting Forum

chairs for blinds

Posted By: Wburke2010

chairs for blinds - 10/07/13 01:45 AM

What kind of chairs do yall use in your blinds, I am looking for something that won't make noise and will swivel 360. Was looking at the cabelas ones but they are 100 bucks each and I need about six at min. Need to make sure their comfortable so I can sit in the blind for long sits, I have had back problems so I get pretty ansy when I am not comfortable.

Thanks
Walter
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/07/13 03:39 AM

We use old office chairs with pneumatic adjustments in our blinds. Rem oil is a big help with squeaks. Find the at surplus sales for about $15 ea.
Posted By: Oakysmoker

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/07/13 03:56 AM

X2 on office chairs if you are mpneeding the swivel. If you hunt a ground blind you can also take the wheels off and it helps with height and stability. I just made my own tree stand and used the chrome bottom section of a standard poly shell type chair. I removed the poly shell and strapped an old thick cushioned mower seat to it. Sucker is super comfortable, but does not swivel. Since it is mounted in a tree I decided it really didn't need to swivel. If you can find a vinyl coated or hard bottom 'computer' chair, then rain isn't such a worry either.
Posted By: maximum

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/07/13 05:04 AM

no floor in the blinds.
have carpet squares for
legs of "waiting room"
type chairs so they won't
sink in the sand. tried different
kinds of chairs, but all
besides what i have squeaked
too much at inappropriate times.
use a nice thick cushion meant
for wood seat chairs. $4.95 at w.m.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/07/13 11:53 PM

Do a search on Craigslist for rolling office chairs. It seems like every week someone is remodeling their office and is looking to sell the old ones. I paid $100 for 4 adjustable rolling office chairs without arms and two of the non rolling chairs with arms. The guy was remodeling his insurance office and I was ready to pay $120 for just the 4 rolling chairs. I threw out the $100 amount for all 6 and he said sure. At that point, I had to figure out how to get all 6 chairs into my Expedition. In my 4x8 blinds, I can fit 2 rolling chairs and one non rolling chair. The kids sit in the adjustable rolling chairs and I sit in the non rolling chair.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/08/13 12:23 AM

Check out Walmart. I bought a really nice midback office chair with armrest for under $50 each last year for my blinds. You can get cheaper ones for around $25 each but they do not have armrests or as comfortable.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Leather-Mid-Back-Chair-Black/6560497
Posted By: 603Country

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/08/13 01:23 AM

Yup...Walmart. I have a couple without arm rests that have backs that recline, with tighteners to allow just the amount of recline you want. And then I have a couple that I bought later, thinking that they'd be the same. Nope. They don't recline at all. They were all pretty inexpensive and less than $50 each.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/08/13 10:06 AM

I have bought a couple of rolling office chairs w/arms on sale from Office Depot or Office Mas for $40 ea.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/08/13 04:04 PM

Too bad you are not in the Austin area. You can go to the govt surplus place on 183 and get old office chairs for $5 to $15 each. What I have also done is taken some old swivel fishing chairs from a boat and built a box from plywood as the base.....not as fancy, but it works! Also, check Craigslist under the "furniture" or even the "Free" sections and you might stumble on to a good deal (or even a freebie!)
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/08/13 06:02 PM

Salvation Army and Goodwill resale stores. Good quality built chairs for a few dollars.
Posted By: Medinabuck

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/08/13 10:02 PM

I just bought 2 adjustable, swivel office chairs with arms for $20 and they look almost new. No squeaks, no rattles and VERY comfortable. I have one in a Baronnett Bell Bottom that I put on a platform. All the comforts of home. :-)

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/09/13 11:47 PM

Thanks, I just happened to notice a used office place in plano that I have never seen before so when I get time I am going to stop in there and see what they got.

Walter
Posted By: add147

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/13/13 05:33 PM

I got me some used office chairs for 10 bucks a pop and they work great.
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/14/13 10:01 AM

Check out the Habitat for Humanity Resale Store, guys. They have tons of old office chairs of all types for $15-$30 bucks. Helluva deal and it goes for a great cause.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/15/13 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajunrotor
Check out the Habitat for Humanity Resale Store, guys. They have tons of old office chairs of all types for $15-$30 bucks. Helluva deal and it goes for a great cause.

x2.. Ours had a clearance last month @ $10 for any chair.
Posted By: Dkhntr

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/15/13 07:57 PM

I have a neighbor that had a bunch of office chairs for sale if you'd like I can see if he has any left pm me.

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/17/13 03:18 AM

Thanks guys my dad found some that he liked so he ordered them before I got to look at some office chairs in plano, they were on sale online at cabelas, they are like boat chairs already on a base. Got them on sale and he used his points so we will see how they work out.

Walter
Posted By: crapicat

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/17/13 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: wburke2010
What kind of chairs do yall use in your blinds, I am looking for something that won't make noise and will swivel 360. Was looking at the cabelas ones but they are 100 bucks each and I need about six at min. Need to make sure their comfortable so I can sit in the blind for long sits, I have had back problems so I get pretty ansy when I am not comfortable.

Thanks
Walter

There is a company called Woodsey Two, or Woodsy Too, located in/around the Grandbury area that produces a fantastic chair swivel chair for blinds...extremely stable, quiet, durable, comfortable, swivels 360, and fairly priced....they can be found on the internet. Won one in a contest, best blind chair I have ever used. Check them out....
Posted By: TxAg

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/17/13 07:07 PM

Old office chairs. Free or less that $10 each.
Posted By: F150&30.06

Re: chairs for blinds - 10/22/13 05:43 AM

The Woodsey Too "Little Sit" is the best out there. It is the same set up as what they use on their tree stands and quad pods.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum