Texas Hunting Forum

Best deer Blind

Posted By: aggie96

Best deer Blind - 08/09/08 03:50 AM

Ok, I have a 5 year old and a 4 year old that are really interested in going hunting with Daddy. I need to know what Blind on the market would be a nice comfortable blind that would accomadate me and my childern that would be $2000 or less. I have hunted out of several SF blinds, that I thought were nice, but none of the fancy metal insulated blinds.

Posted By: Longhorn95

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/09/08 12:53 PM

Witht the budget you have presented, I would recommed considering the Corporate blind by Atascosa Wildlife Supply. There are others out there that are less expensive and of high quality, but again, this fits within the top end of your range. As to comfort, top notch on a cold morning.

http://atascosawildlifesupply.com/

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/09/08 01:00 PM

HECK FOR LESS LHAN THAT $1,200 (I THINK) WE BOUGHT A 10 X 12 STORAGE BUILDING (LIKE A TUFF SHED) AND ADDED WINDOWS AND SHOOTING RESTS.
YOU COULD LIVE IN THAT THING! PLENTY OF ROOM FOR THEM TO SLEEP,PLAY, AND HUNT.
WE ALSO HAVE A 6 X 8 KINDA LIKE IT. BOUGHT IT FOR $600.

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/09/08 06:26 PM

$2K for a deer stand???????? I better stop now.

Jay

Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/09/08 09:25 PM

One thing get a heater for your kinds come in when they want to and take treat along

Posted By: Payne

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/09/08 10:18 PM

For 2k I'd find a welder or carpenter(your preference) and have it built the way you want.

Posted By: spudmonkey

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/10/08 01:32 AM

I am building a 6x6x6 blind and so far I have less then $1k in it and I am using treated wood the price also includes a new table saw. It might make a good bonding time if you choose to build both my little ones (son 3yrs and daughter 1.5yrs) have helped, my son brings me things while my daughter decorates it with multicolored chalk.

Posted By: txhuntingguide

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/10/08 03:25 AM

Atascosa's are top of the line. You can't build this blind with this quality, ladder and tower for less than $1,000. I bought my blind 3 yrs. ago. My brother is a welder and built 2 more blinds for me suing this blind. He did very nice work and at the end of the day he had $1,700 in material before we added time. The Atascosa is a 10 plus yr. blind easy. Pressure treated wood cannot touch it. The executive is a very nice blind. No rain or air leaks. No wasps or bugs every year.

Posted By: jrs_39

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/10/08 11:34 AM

We bought 7 of the corporate blinds from Atascosa about 3 years ago. They are plenty nice.

Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/10/08 08:17 PM

Quote:

We bought 7 of the corporate blinds from Atascosa about 3 years ago. They are plenty nice.

I like the pink one

Posted By: corvette

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/11/08 12:04 AM

Jrs_39, those sure are beautiful pics. Where is your place?
Those blinds are definately RR (Rolls Royce) waaaaay past cadillac! Thanks, Troy

Posted By: jrs_39

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/11/08 03:40 AM

On the colorado river in southwest coleman county. I would recommend getting only the two man blinds. We bought 3 one man blinds, only saved about $400 per blind. The two man blinds are much nicer.

Posted By: TheHunted

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/11/08 04:51 PM

For great quality deer stands. Contact Rob at www.SouthernDeerStands.com

Posted By: krs_2007

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/11/08 08:41 PM

I have built several, all for way less then that, but if I had budget of 2k, I would buy one with a good metal frame. Just make sure its at least a 6x6, mine is and my 2 boys when they were little could stretch out in the floor if they got tired. Now I have to make room for number 3 son, so I may be looking into the pre-built like yourself.

Posted By: KJG

Re: Best deer Blind - 08/15/08 03:07 AM

the corporate blinds are hard to beat, most or all are fully carpeted inside, insulated, half shelves, locking door, very sturdy frame/ladder, etc., they are top notch and plenty roomy.

Posted By: texasd

Re: Best deer Blind - 09/11/08 06:22 PM

Quote:

Ok, I have a 5 year old and a 4 year old that are really interested in going hunting with Daddy. I need to know what Blind on the market would be a nice comfortable blind that would accomadate me and my childern that would be $2000 or less. I have hunted out of several SF blinds, that I thought were nice, but none of the fancy metal insulated blinds.

man u making us aggies look bad...

Posted By: bigbuckboy

Re: Best deer Blind - 09/12/08 07:33 PM

i weld all mine for less than nothing look on craigslist for metal there is all ways some thing on there you could use for a deer blind.

Posted By: tweeder

Re: Best deer Blind - 09/13/08 08:12 PM

I second the corporate blinds from atascosa, we have 5 of them on the ranch I work on and they are NICE!!!!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum