Texas Hunting Forum

Hinge Style window

Posted By: reddirtfarmer

Hinge Style window - 12/20/12 10:59 PM

Thinking about making a new blind that will allow me to both archery and rifle hunt. I'm would be going with the vertical window for archery (hinges left/right) and the horizontal window for rifle. I like the idea of having the entire window either open or closed depending the conditions vs. the slider. My concern is how to mount them. If i mount them on the inside of the blind, i will have a seal that will be difficult to keep moisture out. If i mount them on the outside, it will be difficult to latch them closed from inside of the blind. Thoughts?
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Hinge Style window - 12/21/12 01:39 AM

I have hook and eyes on the inside of mine..
Posted By: thurmansfiberglass

Re: Hinge Style window - 12/21/12 02:04 PM

If you use a good window it will keep the moisture out. We also use rain guards on all of our windows. We have no issues with water. good luck.
Posted By: TheHunted

Re: Hinge Style window - 12/21/12 09:44 PM

www.deerviewwindows.com
Posted By: vanguard

Re: Hinge Style window - 12/27/12 02:26 AM

i use reall glass and picture frame my glass, now i have wood to screw to for hinges and cabinet latches to keep the closed or open
in closed position you can trim the outside up against the wood or even use door and window strip. case opening in treated and the finished window fits in your case opening.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum