Texas Hunting Forum

Ranch king vs. Atascosa

Posted By: Brother in-law

Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/26/11 03:04 AM

Quality finish out, guaranties, windows etc

Posted By: mansfldcowboy

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/26/11 03:24 AM

i will have to go with Ranch KIng. I went to their shop and Mark an Danny showed me around the place and the process that goes into their products. These blinds are well built and not just tack welded together. they are built like a tank i really dont think i will ever need another blind in my lifetime. Finish out is great looks good inside and out and the windows are the all metal slide up that lock in place. I know they guarantee the camo for ten yrs not to fade. i have had my blind almost 2 yrs now and havent had one problem with leaking windows,doors bugs getting in,they are just well worth the money.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/26/11 04:19 AM

I havent had a chance to call them , do you know or could you pm me a price sheet?

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/26/11 04:56 AM

best..Ranch king..

Economy..Texas wildlife supply

Posted By: Woody Wood

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/26/11 03:56 PM

Mark is a great guy!!

Posted By: TheHunted

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/26/11 05:44 PM

I've known Danny Bogart for 10+ years outside of Ranch King.

Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/28/11 12:42 AM

Ranch King hands down....Awesome blind....

Posted By: Aboud

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/28/11 12:48 AM

Blind- ranch king
Tower- atascosa by far. Ranch kings towers are very weak compared to an atascosa.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/28/11 09:45 PM

ranch king

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 10/29/11 12:30 AM

Ranch Kings are nice inside but the shelves suck that they use. Do not care for the window layout in one that I sat in and hunted out of. Their entry door fits good and seals well. The tower and staircase leave something to be desired. Atascosa blinds have better staircase and tower. Paint on them and the door are a POS. Windows are great and shelves are better than Rancd King. Ranch King is $$$$$$ and you can get 2 Atascosa for the price. If you can get Ranch King to do something about the shelves and staircase I would take it if you want to spend the money.

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/10/11 06:53 PM

stxranchman is dead on with his statements

Posted By: JunctionGuy

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/16/11 07:26 PM

I have had my Atascosa blind for about 7 years and it is the best blind I have ever used. I am sure it will last a lifetime. All metal construction with no wood to rot or fiberglas to degrade in the sunlight. 24 gauge Galv steel/foam sandwich construction with strong tower and stairs. I have not seen the Ranch king blinds but you cannot go wrong with the Atascosa.

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/17/11 01:09 AM

Amen!! As far as the paint STX what I did was where the paint started to bubble, I took a razor and cut around it and chipped off. Took sand paper scuffed the cut edge an painted. All was done in field standing on the tailgate. I have 2 of them and love them. If they would just use a better more flexible paint it would solve the issue. I will be repainting the next before it goes to the field. I believe it's cheap paint combined with flex of the metal from heat that's causing this.

Posted By: tweeder

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/19/11 02:01 AM

We have 8 Atascosa's the first few we bought were good but the last ones were junk, you cant hunt out of them because the floors squeak so bad, and I am talking BAD you cant shift your weight at all without an extremely loud squeak. I called Atascosa the day after they dropped them off and told them about the problem, they said yeah we have that problem from time to time. I asked if they could come fix it or replace them, they just flat out said no. I said no problem we wont buy anything from you again, he acted like he couldn't have cared less. So I purchase stuff for the ranch from Texas Wildlife Supply now. I was extremely ticked off that after all the purchases we made from Atascosa they didn't offer us any kind of customer service at all. I have since installed plywood floors on top of the metal then recovered with carpet but they still squeak.

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/20/11 01:03 PM

Sucks to hear that. I haven't had such an issue. I have 2 and my boss has 12 at his place down south and none squeak. I will definitely step up in the next one before purchase. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/20/11 01:40 PM

Check out http://texaswildlifesupply.com/tws/monster.htm
They build the same style blind but have a much better door than Atscosa Wildlifes blinds now. Paint on them sucks also though.

Posted By: flash54

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/28/11 05:02 AM

H.B Hunting Products the best ask for Ryan

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 11/28/11 02:04 PM

if your hunting in the uvalde/pearsalle/northern Zavala Area, i would strongly take a look at lester hardin blinds in downtown batesville.

well made, paint dosen't chip, blinds are more rectangular so two people can sit side x side and be comfortalbe.

Priced a little less than the atascosa, they arn't quite as fancy, but very reliable. we replaced all our blinds on the ranch with them and have been very, very pleased with performance.

his delivery fee is also WAY less than the other manufacturers

Posted By: Cougarfoot

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 12/19/11 04:40 AM

does any one have a price sheet for the ranch King blinds

Posted By: Stompy

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 12/20/11 04:21 PM

I got a 4x6 Ranch King and they are very good stands. If your planning on having 2 people in a blind get a 6x6, the 4x6 is a little tight for 2 grown men.

I think the 4x6 on an 8' tower is about $2500
A 6x6 is probably going to be around $2800

Posted By: 30incher

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 12/31/11 04:49 PM

How about the Atascosa and Ranch King trailer blinds? any experience with them?

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 01/01/12 02:28 AM

I have seen and hunted out of the Atascosa trailer blinds and they are built pretty good. The door and paint job sucked just like the regular tower stand. The ones I sat in were a bit narrow but could set 4 people if you did not have to move around much. I would check these guys out since they have a much better door and I think have the paint issue improved. http://texaswildlifesupply.com/tws/monster.htm

Posted By: 30incher

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 01/10/12 08:31 PM

They look good. The big problem I have with the Atascosa & TWS is the GIGANTIC windows. I would rather have windows about 1/5 the size. I looked at the Atascosa trailer model @ Lyssy & Eckels and the windows are crazy big. The Ranch King is awesome but $5500.
30incher

Posted By: elqranch

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 01/20/12 11:47 PM

Do not buy Atascosa blinds. The floor creaks to the point that you cannot move your chair once you are situated for your hunt. And it is loud - a deer can easily hear it at 150 yards on a still morning. And the windows don't work well - they stick and the hold-open tabs break easily. That is a minor problem compared to the floor squeak. For what I paid for them, Atascosa should stand behind such a fundamental flaw, but they won't. These blinds are basically worthless.

Posted By: bermise

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 04/03/13 01:51 AM

I love my Atascosa blind and it is squeak free as most others are, I am sure the squeak is a isolated or installation issue.
Posted By: thurmansfiberglass

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 04/03/13 03:06 PM

We hear the "big Window" problem often. So we make our blinds to your spec. We figure you are the one hunting out of it So it should be your call.
Posted By: curt o

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 04/04/13 02:32 PM

I have always hunted out of self built plywood blinds. I would not know how to act without owl crap, wasps and the unknown surprises when opening the door. Plus being 100% German I could never spend $2k-$6k on a deer blind, just can't see it myself. I am certain they are 'nice' but to me it is just not what I am acoustumed too and one more thing to commercialize hunting, which I despise personally.
For me it is ALL about getting into nature, bugs, animal scat and cold ARE nature. YMMV smile
I most often carry a small folding stool and build a brush blind or hide in an Oak Mott. To each his own.

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 05/16/13 05:30 PM

Are the bolt together 12 foot towers Ranch King offers just as solid as the welded 12 foot and up towers that Atascosa makes?

Re: Ranch king vs. Atascosa - 05/18/13 03:45 PM

crickets.... this site sure has lost a lot of traffic in the last year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum