Texas Hunting Forum

Another stupid hog panel question by me!!!

Posted By: TX35

Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/24/11 08:50 PM

Due to my work & family schedule, it's been really hard to coordinate time with my buddies. So, which would be easier to install by one person around my feeder: Hog panels, or the welded wire type fence in a roll??

Thanks!!

Posted By: deedeetaylor

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/24/11 08:58 PM

If loading, hauling, and unloading are not considerations, I'd have to say the hog panels are the easiest to install. Put a tpost down every 8 feet. stand the panels up, wire 'em to the posts, and maybe peg a few on the bottom. The welded wire has to be fought some to keep it from curling back on you and the panels stay pretty straight.

Posted By: gogburn

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/24/11 09:26 PM

Definately the hog panels are easier to install. I do it a bit backwards from most. I lay them out about where I want them then I stand them up and wire them together first and then move them to the desired shape... square, rectangle, circle, hex, whatever and then put the T-Posts in and wire the panels to the posts.

Posted By: redseal

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/24/11 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: gogburn
Definately the hog panels are easier to install. I do it a bit backwards from most. I lay them out about where I want them then I stand them up and wire them together first and then move them to the desired shape... square, rectangle, circle, hex, whatever and then put the T-Posts in and wire the panels to the posts.

x2

Posted By: TX35

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/24/11 10:37 PM

Now THAT sounds like a plan!! Thank you Gentlemen!!

Posted By: Bonner

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/25/11 03:09 PM

Good to know. Tht is how I was thinking about mine for next year (if we dont burst into flames first).

Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/27/11 01:29 AM

Hog panels...Have fun with all of the T-post bolt

Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/27/11 01:31 PM

Invest $20-$25 in a t-post driver. I bought mine at a Tractor Supply but I have also seem them at Home Depot.

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/27/11 02:38 PM

amigo i dont see anything stupid about this man!!!!

good luck finding any!!!!

if not kill them all!!

Posted By: Hog killer1009

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/31/11 05:28 PM

X2

Posted By: MELackey

Re: Another stupid hog panel question by me!!! - 08/31/11 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: twinbubba
Invest $20-$25 in a t-post driver. I bought mine at a Tractor Supply but I have also seem them at Home Depot.

We bought one of those pneumatic t-post drivers last year. Ended up with a gasoline powered air compressor earlier this year. I'm thinking about taking it out for its maiden voyage this weekend. Too dang hot to be beating on the top of those posts. If it works, maybe I'll travel around and work for you guys. Pay me with deer corn.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum