Texas Hunting Forum

my new blind

Posted By: dustyh

my new blind - 09/10/07 01:06 AM

Finally finished and put in place. It worked great, only thing I would do different would be to put the wheels a little further back. I am trying to come up with some plans that will allow me to raise and lower the blind for moving so I can make it taller. Didn't really need it that tall were I put this one. Maybe I will have it figured out by next year.

Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: my new blind - 09/10/07 02:28 AM

Cool, how come you took the wheels off, I would think they could help keep it stable ???

Re: my new blind - 09/10/07 02:40 AM

Team Hillbilly the blind is supported by the four disk on each corner. With them down the wheels are a few inches off the ground, plus those are wheels off some of our farm equipment just used them to get it to its location.

Re: my new blind - 09/10/07 02:44 AM

Yes Sir I saw the other pictures you posted, just tried the outrigger plates a few years ago, and had a little trouble with the wind, also would make moving a short ways much quicker. Good looking blind

What would you take for it

Posted By: sirhuntalot

Re: my new blind - 09/13/07 11:02 PM

I like, its very creative with the disk and what not. I had a similiar blind but it had bull dog jacks in each corner, it got expensive.

Re: my new blind - 09/14/07 11:44 AM

yup I can see where that would be true, doesn't take much now days.

Posted By: caprocker

Re: my new blind - 09/14/07 01:04 PM

if you had it to do over would you put the wheels back on the far outrigger legs?? that looks like a more reasonable place..it might creat a better rest on your tongue versus kinda teetery....i still really like the design and will definitely build one like it eventually

Re: my new blind - 09/15/07 10:43 PM

Caprocker, I would only move the wheels back maybe a foot from were they are now. I think if you put them on the back it would be way to much weight on the tongue.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum