Texas Hunting Forum

fiberglass blinds

Posted By: 2Gs

fiberglass blinds - 01/15/11 09:05 PM

I have never owned one but have looked at a few and am needing to replace a stand this summer. For those that have one or have had one how do you like it? Thanks.

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: fiberglass blinds - 01/15/11 10:40 PM

I've hunted one on our lease. Seems well built and should last a long time with basic maintenance. Personally, though I didn't like the windows in the one I hunted. They flipped up to the inside and were held up with velcro. Really? Velcro? If I paid that much for a blind you better come up with something other than the noisiest material known to man. The porch was a little too small too. Barely enough room to open the door while standing on the porch. The side with the door was virtually unusable since the windows on either side of the door were so small. There wasn't much room to turn around inside. I'd opt for a wider version. The shelving wasn't too sturdy either.

Personally, I like Atascosa blinds better.

Posted By: HLo

Re: fiberglass blinds - 01/16/11 12:35 AM

Just get one with sliding windows.....no flip ups. And put carpet & pad on the floor.....For the price I like Texas T Box...Superior, Upper End Dillons are nice...but pricy.

Posted By: Mr. 2 Million

Re: fiberglass blinds - 01/16/11 12:59 AM

mine is good , insulated , bottom of window sill covered with carpet for gun protection , carpet on floor , flip up windows with a rotating latch to hold up . do not remember what brand

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: fiberglass blinds - 01/16/11 01:36 AM

Superior and Boss Game Systems both make a great blind.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum