Texas Hunting Forum

Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand??

Posted By: Bit Man

Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 11/10/10 11:26 AM

Im not much of a carpenter but I can follow directions. Im looking for a good set of plans for a 4x6 deer stand that can be built at the house and then put together in the field. I would like one thats 2-6 feet off the ground or so if possible. If you have some share them with us lacking the creative genetics. Thanks
Dano

Posted By: hotrod3367

DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 11/10/10 03:13 PM

can we get a thread started where people post there blind plans?

Posted By: MELackey

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 11/10/10 03:27 PM

shoot me your e-mail address and I can send you some.

Posted By: MELackey

Re: deer blind plans - 11/10/10 03:28 PM

Posted By: pafree

Re: deer blind plans - 11/10/10 10:37 PM

maybe this will help. sorry about the small picture.

Posted By: Bit Man

Re: deer blind plans - 11/11/10 01:29 AM

dgreaud@att.net

Thanks

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: deer blind plans - 11/16/10 05:36 PM

Modified this

Originally Posted By: pafree

and built this

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...ten#Post1741815

Posted By: RYNO wheels

Re: deer blind plans - 11/16/10 09:01 PM

you could also buy the shipping crates. They come apart easily with clamps and bolts holding them together....

The dims are 5x8x7

Posted By: trophyhunter12

Re: deer blind plans - 11/24/10 02:52 AM

after building several deer blinds, i think you should go to the store and buy the amazing fiberglass blinds with stairs and all of the nice stuff

Posted By: jay K

Re: deer blind plans - 12/16/10 02:20 AM

definitely... just hunted my friends fancy fiberglass blind in junction and it definitely beats my wood one

Posted By: HLo

Re: deer blind plans - 12/30/10 04:44 AM

We use to make them and felt good about them. Then we bought some fiberglass and metal blinds. Won't be building them anymore. Bee proof, insulated, etc. Hard to get that when you build them yourself unless you are a very good carpenter, welder, and like to make things air-tight. Hard to beat a manufactured product for door and window seals.

Posted By: awg

Re: deer blind plans - 01/09/11 02:01 AM

Where can you buy the shipping crates in the austin area

Posted By: Tx-XDm

Re: deer blind plans - 01/20/11 03:49 AM

Hey,
anyone seen the stands at: www.realbark.com
You can get it with a ladder or stairs and 5' high or 10' high.
a 4', 5', or 6' dia. stand
They say that they are UV proof and they last 15 years, said some they sold in 1990 are still as good as new.
If I can save up some cash, then I might drive to Tyler and get a 5' high with stairs.

Posted By: jdickey

Re: deer blind plans - 01/22/11 04:46 PM

Sorry to say...the Real Bark stands...no bueno!

Posted By: radtexas

Re: deer blind plans - 02/24/11 07:29 PM

I did my own design based on comments I was given in the forum. Have not built one yet but this is free for whomever wants it.

If your can please include your email in the PM. Think that is the only way I can send them.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2141479#Post2141479

Posted By: OutdoorTexan

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 03/02/11 01:16 AM

Last season was the first time I built my own box blind. Everywhere I looked on the seemed to want to sell me plans. So I decided to take some pics as I built it and this is what I came up with.

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 03/02/11 08:46 PM

Did an octagonal blind that is about 6'-5" to outside framing. Have not built it but plans should make it easier cut it does have lots more cutting than a standard square blind. If you want it emailed please PM me your email and add "Octagonal Blind" in the subject.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...ind#Post2153140

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 03/08/11 08:24 PM

Well did a set of plans for a (6) sided blind. They are very similar to the Octagonal except the number of sides. Comes to 6'-0 3/4" short side to 7'-0" to the long side. If you want these plans PM me and put "Hexagon blind" in subject.

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 03/08/11 08:28 PM

Basic cost assuming all new materials and plywood not OSB. OSB will save about $40 per blind. (no paint is included either. This will give a general idea of cost for blinds as shown.

4x6 complete = $430
hexagonal blind = $400
octagonal blind = $440

I hope these plans help either build a blind or can be useful as a starting base to build by. I don't think I will be doing any more.

BTW if anyone builds from these plans could you send me some photos and how it turns out. I know they may not be perfect put hopefully not to bad.

HELP NEEDED: If you run into a question/clarification on the drawings please shot me a PM. I will answer as best I can in a timely manner. I will also fix it on the drawing for future plans I submit. There may be a few mistakes or something may not be as clear as it is to me. Sometimes putting on paper what is in your head misses a few things.

One clarification noted;
The angle for the octagon blinds is 45 degrees on short angle. ' / '
The angle for the hexagon blinds is 60 degrees on short angle. ' / '

Posted By: texasspazzman

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 05/08/11 10:27 PM

Check out my post in this section titled "Great Blind Design". No drawings, but lots of pics of the process.

Click Here> "Great Blind Design"

Posted By: AtxCityHunter

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 06/22/11 06:03 AM

I got inside one of the real bark stands and I did like it but it was hotter than heck and this was in feb lol

Posted By: BearkatHunter2011

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 07/29/11 03:21 AM

Here is my new 4' x 8' deer stand I set up for hunting in the tall timber of East Texas. It was built by students within the Department of Agriculture at Texas State University for the cost of materials. I cant wait to stay dry and warm this hunting season.
[img:center][/img]

Posted By: BRYCE

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 08/11/11 07:04 PM

Good to see my fellow Bobcats put to good use!

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 08/16/11 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: radtexas
Well did a set of plans for a (6) sided blind. They are very similar to the Octagonal except the number of sides. Comes to 6'-0 3/4" short side to 7'-0" to the long side. If you want these plans PM me and put "Hexagon blind" in subject.

Real build photo

Posted By: Hard Water

Re: deer blind plans - 09/08/11 01:24 AM

I did my own design based on comments I was given in the forum. Have not built one yet but this is free for whomever wants it.

If your can please include your email in the PM. Think that is the only way I can send them.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2141479#Post2141479

RadTexas, heres what your stand might look like ..(just bigger)
[url=]Over sized deer stand[/url]

Sleeps 3 and hunts 4 do i need to say more ?

Posted By: 2ringer6

Re: deer blind plans - 12/09/11 04:24 PM

Could you send me the plans for you blind?

wayne.callicoatte@sbcglobal.net

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: deer blind plans - 01/15/12 02:54 PM

thats a giant, very cool

Posted By: vanguard

Re: deer blind plans - 02/13/12 03:35 PM

i dont have plans for this one, just did it on the fly.
real glass windows, i no likey plexi glass.
comes apart in 4 panels and base, once set up corners were sealed with angle flashing and spray foam anywhere it needed,

Posted By: Grillgod

Re: deer blind plans - 02/22/12 02:09 PM

I like that door handle

Posted By: Freeman

Re: deer blind plans - 02/28/12 04:26 PM

I decided to use an old camping trailer as the base for a deer blind. It was all built with free wood scrounged from Craigslist--and it is ugly, but it gets the job done. We can tow it where ever we want on the property. Used a sheet of rubber roofing for the top and left over plexiglass for windows. $10 for the "extreme drought" brown paint. I think we already shot 5 deer from it this season.

Posted By: The30PointBuck

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 04/29/12 12:42 PM

Can you e-mail me the design to the Hexagon Blind? I think I'm gonna try it but make the frame with either 1" conduit or Angle Iron, then the walls will be some kind of vinyl. I just need the dimensions so I can know how to build it. Thanks man!
E-Mail Address: Travis.Ryan.Hull@Gmail.Com
-Travis

Posted By: The30PointBuck

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 04/29/12 09:13 PM

Real build photo

That Vinyl Roofing where can I get it? Do you know the correct name for it?

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 04/30/12 10:13 AM

I got it from Lowes. http://www.lowes.com/pd_12747-1115-158_4294806362_4294937087_?productId=3010607&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Roof%2BPanels%2BAccessories_4294806362_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_price|0&facetInfo=

Posted By: sprigsss

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 06/04/12 03:56 PM

If you're wanting to assemble it in the woods, I'd reccomend putting a 2x4 at the bottom and then stacked 1x2's in the middle and the top. Cut the 1x4's the same width as the side, but stagger them by the width of the 1x4. This way you can carry the panels to the field and "Lock the sides together". If you predrill the holes at home, all you have to do is insert a lag bolt in the center of the 1x4's where they overlap. Can assemble the entire deer blind by your self. Also don't need to worry about a cordless drill, can assemble and disassemble wtih a socket and ratchet, or wrench.

I also drilled holes through the bottom 2x4 and the floor. I hammered in my bolts from the top, bolted all the sides together and then went underneath and put on nuts. But the entire 4 x 8 stand can be dissasembled and placed in the back of my pickup truck with a wrench and socket. Spent a little more on the bolts, but dont have to worry about stripped or broken screws.

I highly recomend avoiding OSB at all costs.

Posted By: #1Pappou

Re: deer blind plans - 06/22/12 07:53 PM

I just joined this forum. I live in Southeast Texas & I was wondering if I could get you to email me these plans you put together. It looks like it would work for me with just a few modifications.

Posted By: #1Pappou

Re: deer blind plans - 06/22/12 08:18 PM

I'm new to this forum, could email these plans to me @ billysliquor@yahoo.com. Trying to get my grandchildren into hunting and I need to build a couple of 4x6 stands. Thanks.

Posted By: JTaylor

Re: deer blind plans - 06/26/12 01:34 PM

I am in process of building a ground blind like the Ghostblind, which is a mirror blind. I am just following this guys plans:

He even has Youtube videos posted that walk you through it. Not the most comfortable blind, but if you need to be able to blend in the middle of a wheatfield, this will do it.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1289234

Posted By: Moen Millworks

Re: deer blind plans - 07/14/12 01:58 AM

Saw your post on deer stand plans and was hoping you could e-mail me the different plans you have, Thanks glenmoen@yahoo.com

Posted By: killin_it

Re: deer blind plans - 08/01/12 06:57 PM

I have 2 deerblinds made out of modified oil field meterhouses.

Posted By: RobD

Re: deer blind plans - 08/09/12 01:17 AM

GBX-5 Hunting Blind with 10' Tower and Ladder - What to these cost, roughly?
GBX Series Tower

Posted By: Cueman

Re: deer blind plans - 08/09/12 02:58 AM

Man, can you email me those plans?
steven.cue@gmail.com
I like that...

Re: deer blind plans - 08/09/12 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Cueman
Man, can you email me those plans?
steven.cue@gmail.com
I like that...

sent

Posted By: R3ADY2HUNT

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 08/25/12 05:53 PM

Do you have the plans for the 4x8 or 6x8 blind?

Posted By: 6mmpowers

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 08/31/12 03:50 PM

i have just finnished to deer blinds made out of square tubing one is 8 ft whith center boat seat and shooting rails 360 degre shooting. i desinged it to be taken down and fit in the back of a pickup all you need to put it up is a cordless drill. if you want i can send you some pics it is by far the sturdiest stand i have seen . total cost was under $200.00
Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 10/02/12 05:49 PM

Nice blinds I just made a 4x4 box 8 foot hight a cut shooting widows in it, wood door on back that opens into a wheelchair ramp,now adding a medal roof over the plywood roof wink
Posted By: FreerOrBust

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 11/20/12 07:14 PM

Cool blinds guys! I just built one for this season. 8x8 base, 10ft up, little over 6ft ceiling. Hooked up solar to it to run a fan and light. Had an extra couch I had in it too. very comfy

Posted By: Hook Em

Re: deer blind plans - 11/20/12 07:35 PM

Sleeps 3 what? Does not appear to be able to sleep any 3 of our hunters!
Posted By: wldsd

Re: deer blind plans - 12/14/12 03:21 PM

In Missouri. [img:center][/img]
Posted By: BScheu

Re: deer blind plans - 01/19/13 05:01 AM

Nice blind wldsd. What material did you use with the camo pattern?
Posted By: Midlandr

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 01/23/13 09:57 PM

If you have the time, I would appreciate a drawing or plan of your hexagonal design. I need to build a couple of blinds for next year.
Posted By: JTTMI

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 01/29/13 09:56 PM

can you email me those plans of your hexagonal design. I need to build a couple of blinds. thank you.

(srbiebl@peoplepc.com)

Re: Blind - 02/21/13 06:56 PM

In Ohio. Outfitted in WildSide Camo Siding

Posted By: smokewagon84

Re: deer blind plans - 02/28/13 02:26 PM

illyer1988@gmail.com
I like it
Posted By: BubbaBrown

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 03/12/13 03:59 AM

I've been building platform/leaner type box stands for about 35 or more years now. I hunt in S.W. Mississippi, so we have plenty of large trees to attach stands to, but the same stand can be built with 4" x 4" legs just as easily. I use "elevator" brackets when attaching legs for a free standing deer stand. I have several stands that are 18 years old now and they are still just as good as the day they were built. Here's a link to my social site with pictures of the stands.
http://thedeercamp.com/photo/albums/bubbas-deer-stand-plans
http://thedeercamp.com/photo/albums/deer-stands

This is a stand I built out of two new damaged fiberglass showers. http://thedeercamp.com/photo/albums/shower-deer-stand
Posted By: BubbaBrown

Re: Blind - 03/12/13 04:05 AM

Really nice looking stand, very professional.
Posted By: Lonestar1955

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 04/12/13 08:42 PM

put a good door in it if you build one. see mine on here.....
Posted By: Texmel

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 04/25/13 02:37 AM

Will be taking my 4x6 blind out to lease this weekend. Built out of pressure treated lumber and is quite heavy, but will last forever. Certainlly will enjoy it this winter when the temp hits 12 degrees again with a Mr Heater to keep me warm. Had to dance around in blind last winter to keep warm.

Re: deer blind plans - 04/30/13 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BScheu
Nice blind wldsd. What material did you use with the camo pattern?

WildSide Camo Siding
Posted By: Kyle Campbell

Re: deer blind plans - 05/01/13 05:48 PM

How do you guys get your blinds on top of the base if you pre-build them?
Posted By: Texmel

Re: deer blind plans - 05/01/13 08:15 PM

Camo job on blind is after an OD base which takes about 1.5 gal of primer/paint mix. Then it's using cans of various colors of the camo. Just spray in circles with the various colors and eventually you'll get it right or run out of money. Always get the wife to supervise with a critical eye. Mine (art major) was very pleased that I used up some red primer which blends with red west Texas soil.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 05/03/13 11:22 PM

Anybody got ideas on useing spray foam insulation for deer blinds? Or what other alternatives for insulating?

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 05/13/13 06:26 PM

Just finished in Wisconsin near Lake Michigan. Done in the WildSide Camo Siding.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 07/01/13 06:47 PM

Made this about a month ago...

Posted By: TXSteveBS

Re: deer blind plans - 08/02/13 08:14 PM

Great plans! could you email them to me, please? looking to put up an elevated box - 4x6 or 4x8. Thanks. stphnschllr@gmail.com

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 08/02/13 08:16 PM

Could you email me th plans for the skybox 4x6 or 4x8 thanks.
stphnschllr@gmail.com

Re: deer blind plans - 08/02/13 08:19 PM

Trying to send to RadTX. 3rd time is the charm. Could you send me your plans for the elevated 4x6 or 4x8 box, please. thanks.
stphnschllr@gmail
Posted By: napurist

Re: deer blind plans - 08/09/13 01:19 PM

I built a new stand this year. It's a 5x6 which gives plenty of leg room and I can shoot the bow out of it fairly well. The plans are on my website for free. I couldn't find the plans I wanted to so hopefully this helps somebody.

The plans were created with Sketchup and it's free to download and use. Or you could just print out the pictures. It has dimensions for the lumber.

http://diyhunt.com/category/hunting-construction-projects/deer-stands/
Posted By: RFD123

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 08/11/13 08:31 PM

Do you mind sharing your plans with a Carolina Boy......I've been looking all day online in hopes to building the kids a nice blind for this season.

Thanks in advance, Ronny

Ronny.Mizell@raleighnc.gov
Posted By: deerslayer78

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 09/21/13 04:43 AM

I'd love to have the plans on the hexagonal blind. I want to build one on the ground and put some reflective panels on it. Of course change the angle from top to bottom.
Posted By: NBH

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 11/20/13 02:19 AM

I would like the plans for the hexagon also please!

Bullridinghunka@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
Posted By: NBH

Re: Does anyone have some plans for a 4x6 deer stand?? - 11/21/13 04:42 PM

Does anyone have a shopping list for these 3 blinds? I know there is a bill of materials with the plans but I am looking for a list that I can take to home depot and get the materials, then go home and cut all the materials. Thanks
Posted By: HappyAggie

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 12/30/13 03:18 AM

Please email me the box plans to jcdyer1@windstream.net. Thanks!
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: deer blind plans - 01/01/14 11:25 PM

Go 5x8 instead of 4x6, you wont regret it !
Posted By: CHRIS1981

Re: deer blind plans - 01/02/14 01:43 AM

Anyone have any plans for a 4 x 6 combo blind, gun and bow??? I am wanting to build 2 in the off season..
Posted By: BigDaddyRob

Re: deer blind plans - 01/21/14 02:14 AM

Are you still sharing these plans? I'm preparing to build some blinds for a new property we will be hunting next year and would love to build one of these.

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: brian43

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 04/29/14 03:24 PM

If possible could u email(bigb38@comcast.net) me some pictures of the inside of this blind on the trailer. I'm going to make me a 4x6 box blind real soon, and im trying to get some ideas.
Posted By: StretchR

Re: deer blind plans - 05/15/14 03:31 PM

Built a 4'x'6 from a drawing I found online last year. I modified the plans to make it taller, from 6-ft to 7-ft. I'm 6'6" and I didn't like the idea of crouching any time I needed to stand up. I redid the drawing and instructions for my brother-in-law to build this year. He's about 6'4". I have a PDF file with the drawings, material list, cut list, and photos if anyone is interested. It was easy to build, is fairly light, and so far has been dry and durable. The photos below are the stand frame, the stand ready to trailer, and the stand on legs. The last photo is my son-in-law, with his first deer shot from my stand. It is a Texas Big Game low fence, typical, winner for Region 6 (East Texas) for 2013-14. It was measured as 159 4/8 B&C points.

If you'd like me to email a copy of the instructions to you, send me your email by private message.

Posted By: skill

Re: deer blind plans - 05/24/14 12:33 PM

could you send me the plans donboucher54@gmail.com
Posted By: taylormade820

Re: deer blind plans - 06/20/14 07:40 PM

awesome thread thanks for the ideas
Posted By: rborn

Re: deer blind plans - 06/27/14 08:59 PM

Nice stand StretchR!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 08/10/14 10:55 PM

my last box stand i built is bout 4 1/2' off ground half height of normal stand & in middle has cut out for extended area to put feet, so can stand up ta stretch. am sure few will figure out what trying to explain, & have seen one like it. nidea got a model at house, can't send pic's, its the opposite. full length box stand height your choosing, set it on high-line or edge of tree line like a dimmond. two sides on open area & two sides wood line. --^-- corner that sits in wood line is the seat. & leg area is all around, reverse of the extended feet stand. door is on inside of wood line. just slide in. seat is in closed box with toilet seat. If ya need to make a deposit lift seat, make deposit, do paper work. & at end of hunt, theirs a door in back ya can take 5gal. bucket out ta empty. your thoughts back flag
Posted By: Jeff McGuire

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 08/19/14 02:56 PM

I have hunted for some years now on the ex's family property, and as a guest on others but never had my own lease. Well this year an opportunity came up on a lease I couldn't pass up. I got a camera and feeder set up this spring and next had to get a blind up so the animals get accumulated to it long before hunting season. I PM'd Radtexas and Strech after I saw their set-ups on this thread. Both awesome guys that shared their plans. I took a little from each and built my own creation. I was building it for an existing 4'x5' metal base that has the ladder built in the back middle instead of the side. I wanted it 4'x6' though so my sons or wife could sit and hunt with me. Here is my creation. Its 6 separate pieces that disassemble for moving. In the pictures none show the roof, I had already removed it in the last photo.

Posted By: Jeff McGuire

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 08/29/14 12:44 PM

Sorry about that. I reorganized my photobucket account. Here are the pictures with it assembled at my lease too.

Posted By: tboyde

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 09/16/14 04:55 PM

Been working on a hay bale blind, I am coming down to the wire on getting it finished. Any ideas on securing the "hay" mat to it?
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 09/30/14 02:59 AM

Honestly Tboyde that hay bale blind is excellent! I like the simplicity of it. I think I'd just attach the hay with some sort of spray on glue and just do layers and layers of it. Keep it simple. Again excellent design.

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 10/10/14 02:43 AM

Slow to respond... I'd suggest using some chicken wire on the outside of the frame to hold down a thick layer of hay. You could also find some of the mesh wrap that is used for big round bales. Wrap that around a layer of hay over your frame.
Posted By: Chris Vickers

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 10/19/14 12:47 AM

What height are yall putting your gun rest/bottom of the window?
Posted By: egbolt

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 11/20/14 12:57 PM

has anyone ever used Deerview windows in their blind?
Posted By: egbolt

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 11/20/14 12:57 PM

42" is the height I use
Posted By: trublutexan

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 02/04/15 11:31 PM

Posted By: SoTX

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 03/13/15 05:16 PM

Very cool, some good info on here.
Posted By: Stegar

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 04/17/15 12:54 PM

does anyone have 6x8 plains? I have a base already.
Thanks,
Steve
Posted By: kmkellar

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 04/19/15 10:21 PM

StretchR, buckin' good lookin blind. I'd love to take a look at those plans, kmkellar@hotmail.com. Thanks!
Posted By: JHB

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 05/06/15 01:38 PM

Please send PDF to jbower@comcast.net

Thank You and good luck
Posted By: Jbablak

Re: deer blind plans - 06/12/15 08:23 PM

If anybody has the plans to this stand could you send them to me?

Originally Posted By: StretchR

Built a 4'x'6 from a drawing I found online last year. I modified the plans to make it taller, from 6-ft to 7-ft. I'm 6'6" and I didn't like the idea of crouching any time I needed to stand up. I redid the drawing and instructions for my brother-in-law to build this year. He's about 6'4". I have a PDF file with the drawings, material list, cut list, and photos if anyone is interested. It was easy to build, is fairly light, and so far has been dry and durable. The photos below are the stand frame, the stand ready to trailer, and the stand on legs. The last photo is my son-in-law, with his first deer shot from my stand. It is a Texas Big Game low fence, typical, winner for Region 6 (East Texas) for 2013-14. It was measured as 159 4/8 B&C points.

If you'd like me to email a copy of the instructions to you, send me your email by private message.

Re: deer blind plans - 08/01/15 04:19 AM

I still send copies of the instructions and plans out shown quoted in the message above. Send me your email by private message here and I'll send the PDF with everything over.
Posted By: Jraywhitey

Re: deer blind plans - 08/14/15 12:06 AM

Does anyone have the pdf version of the 4x6 blind that radtexas created? Please send it to jraywhitey@gmail.com.
Posted By: tymac

Re: deer blind plans - 08/28/15 04:27 PM

I am looking for some detailed plans for a 4X6 elavated box blind. Please send to tymac1@sbcglobal.net. Thanks
Posted By: muddslinger_lp

Re: deer blind plans - 10/23/15 06:31 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted By: TreeBass
Modified this

and built this

Posted By: yanta61

Re: deer blind plans - 11/06/15 06:48 PM

Over 5 years and my plans are still floating around. The dimensions were a little ruff and just there for reference. Also this was a light weight take down blind where you could build it in your garage and reassemble it in the field. Thats the reason it has 1-1/2" framing instead of 2 x 4..

Originally Posted By: muddslinger_lp

Thanks

Originally Posted By: TreeBass
Modified this

and built this

Posted By: AmaTX1911

Re: deer blind plans - 01/10/16 11:55 PM

Hey Rad, I tried sending you a PM but your box is full.
Could I you send me a PM with the her and Oct blind prints plz!
Posted By: Cleric

Re: deer blind plans - 02/03/16 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: StretchR

Built a 4'x'6 from a drawing I found online last year. I modified the plans to make it taller, from 6-ft to 7-ft. I'm 6'6" and I didn't like the idea of crouching any time I needed to stand up. I redid the drawing and instructions for my brother-in-law to build this year. He's about 6'4".

Are those 2x2 for the framing. Why those instead of 2x4... Weight?
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: deer blind plans - 02/03/16 02:45 PM

I would assume weight and cost. And to cut cost even more, a 2x4 can be ripped down the middle to make 2x2s. My BIL's stand is 2x2s and its plenty sturdy 6' off the ground.

Re: deer blind plans - 02/04/16 04:26 PM

Yes, 2"x2"s for weight. They also take up less room. It is more than strong enough once the skins are on the walls.

Posted By: Cleric

Re: deer blind plans - 02/04/16 07:24 PM

Thinking about doing something similar but may put plywood instead of the wood fencing.

Re: deer blind plans - 02/06/16 01:35 PM

Cleric, the wood on the stand above is 1/2" OSB "smart siding" sheeting. It is a pre-primed surface used for utility siding. It is more durable than painted plywood since the exterior coating is bonded to the wood.
Posted By: waymond5414

Re: deer blind plans - 04/09/16 07:05 AM

Anyone got any plans or ideas for a 4x8 blind with a 6-10 foot tower all wood? Thanks for the help
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: deer blind plans - 05/19/16 10:34 PM

StretchR, PM sent
Posted By: JFuller

Re: deer blind plans - 07/22/16 03:19 PM

Anyone have plans for a 5 x 5?
Posted By: GP1975Hunter

Re: deer blind plans - 09/19/16 09:19 PM

Hello,

Going thru some old posts for constructing a deer blind and ran across yours. Looks simple enough to construct for a guy like me with minimal carpentry skills. lol. Is it possible for you to send me your plans to my personal email address? gp7556@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Posted By: dreeves

Re: deer blind plans - 12/05/16 09:04 PM

I'm wanting to build a 6x6 stand that I can put up in sections on my lease. Would like it 8'ft to 12'ft off the ground. You have any plans that might fit that? Was thinking of building the frame base out of angle iron with the angles turned inward and upside down and put the piece of plywood on top of that. Thought about either having walls that then insert through holes in the plywood floor/angle iron with lagbolts. I can see it in my mind but I'm no builder so thats where I get lost.
Posted By: Ratrod101

Re: deer blind plans - 02/08/17 02:56 AM

StretchR.....can you post a pic(s) of how you attached the walls to each other?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Re: deer blind plans - 02/08/17 03:45 AM

Adam,

The frames for the front and rear walls are screwed to the base. The side walls don't have a complete frame, just cross-members that go between the front and rear walls at the floor, window edges, and roof line. Those are clamped square, then fastened with a 3" deck screw. This blind doesn't have individually framed walls for the end.

It could be done by revising the end wall cross-member dimensions to allow vertical posts on the end. That would mean that my original wall dimensions for all end cross-pieces would be 3" shorter. Then all you would have to do to erect the walls on site would be to screw the end walls inside the front and back. You would need to build first (so you could put on plywood skins) then remove sections. Once you had the walls up in the final location you could also use shorter screws through the plywood into the vertical ends of the front and back walls... hopefully some of that made sense.

The first photo is of the back wall up with a brace. The front wall went up exactly the same way. In the second photo you can see the front and rear joined with the cross pieces. To frame all the walls, visualize a second 2"x2" next to the ones on the front and back walls. The cross-pieces would be between those.

PM your email and I will send you the PDF that has the drawings, materials, instructions, and some more photos.

Posted By: JDMore

Re: deer blind plans - 02/23/17 05:38 AM

Anyone mind sharing their blind plans with me? jimmiemoreland@gmail.com
Posted By: buckedup

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 03/21/17 03:00 PM

Anyone that has plans for a 4x6 blind, please help me out!
Posted By: TexasTan

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 04/05/17 09:55 PM

The more I look at the work that goes into these, the more I'm glad I paid for a prefab.
Posted By: Randallc

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 05/24/17 12:38 PM

Posted By: TiggerV

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 09/05/17 10:16 PM

Take Fifteen 2x4s and screw the together like this......Add 1/2 sheet of plywood for floor and a piece of camo burlap....
Posted By: ddt1240

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 10/31/17 02:19 PM

Could you email me the plans for the deer blind please
dterril@oes-solutions.com

Thanks
Danny
Posted By: png

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 07/01/19 01:39 AM

After lots of internet searching, last season I decided to make a 6x8 blind by following this shed plan on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_QMJALct4

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DuaneKeenan

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 06/09/20 02:07 PM

Could someone please email me the Hexagon blind plans?

djjkeenan@gmail.com

Thanks!
Posted By: TaylorMade Creations

Re: Hexagonal Blind - 10/08/20 04:59 PM

I built what I consider to be the greatest blind. I have the step-by-step directions on my website. They are extremely thorough and you will not be disappointed. Also I made a video of how to build the entire project.

Deer Blind Plans Link

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: roughpasture_98

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 08/18/21 12:15 PM

I just found an awesome YouTube video for a DIY 8x8 hunting blind. I have already starting getting all the stuff, it looks sturdy and suyper easy to build. Finally, a big blind that 1 person can build and get into the field! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvrxGUlOKWc

Attached picture Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.12.52 AM.png
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 08/19/21 02:15 AM

Record number of one-and-dones in here.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 12/13/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by waymond5414
Anyone got any plans or ideas for a 4x8 blind with a 6-10 foot tower all wood? Thanks for the help

No plans, just 'winging it'.

Dedicated hog stand on my property. I have others...but needed another in this locale.

Decided to make a 4' x 8' ....elevated 8 feet (to floor).

Will be a 'side by side' (using two pedestal seats mounted to floor). This will allow two hunters to be seated in the stand comfortably and take a 'timed' shot when a group of hogs shows up.

Since it's on my own property and will be a fixed/permanent stand....I chose to build it sturdier than would make sense for others.

I just finished with the framing the other day and will get started on roofing it next. Then apply the siding. Paint it. Then install the sliding windows and door.

If it looks a little tall (box dimensions) it is because the inside height is 78". I am 6'-5" in my bare feet so need the room to be able to stand up and stretch. If you are able to make a box blind a bit shorter it would make a nicer scale.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Continued next post:

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 12/13/21 06:56 PM

I don't really care for stands that are minimally built and have to use 15- 2x4's scabbed all over for bracing.

I'd rather just use larger timber to begin with and do a little inletting/joinery. Only takes a few minutes to make it strong. But again...this is a permanent stand on my own property.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Continued next post

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 12/13/21 07:00 PM

Continued from above:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Once you have a 'solid' platform...you can build what you wish on top.

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 12/13/21 09:06 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas452

Re: DIY DEER BLIND PLANS.... POST WHAT YOU HAVE - 01/24/22 01:56 AM

I build mine 4x6 so I can haul them on the back of a pickup.

Attached picture 5CA1F85D-FA62-476F-8892-B272F896BDA7.jpeg
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: deer blind plans - 10/05/22 02:47 PM

I want to build a one man blind, the floor about ten feet off the ground and a box with a rail to rest the rifle. My issue is whether to use long lumber or shorter pieces and how to brace it. Sort of thought I'd put it together at home with screws- number everything, take it apart and then re-assemble it in the field.
Posted By: RCK

Re: deer blind plans - 06/11/23 02:47 AM

Was anyone able to get a copy of the plans of StretchR’s stand? If so, would you please let me know? The OP hasn’t been active in a while. Thank you!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum