Texas Hunting Forum

Tactacam SK question

Posted By: cleatas

Tactacam SK question - 01/11/24 03:36 PM

anyone running the SK and have experience with it? why is it so much cheaper vs buying the x-pro and adding the lithium pack and solar panel? Help me understand why...is the solar panel on the SK not very good?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Tactacam SK question - 01/13/24 03:32 AM

If you take a lot of pics it’s might not keep up
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Tactacam SK question - 01/13/24 03:40 AM

I was wondering the exact same thing and was about to call Tessa at Tactacam next week and ask about it. (In case you're wondering why the hold line takes so long, Tessa likes to talk...a lot. )

I'm needing one more and was considering the SK. Lots of models with no clear delineation as to "good, better, best" has never been a business model for success.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Tactacam SK question - 01/13/24 01:52 PM

I have two of the version that comes with the solar panel (the SK?). One of them has the solar panel perfectly placed for catching max sunlight. The other one has a less well positioned solar panel, and maybe once or twice a year I’ll have to go pull the battery and charge it in my workshop. Other than that, they just keep on working.
Posted By: cleatas

Re: Tactacam SK question - 01/17/24 03:56 PM

ok thanks guys, seems like the sk may be the best option then. Quiet a bit price difference in buying the sk vs buying the x-pro and decking it out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum