Texas Hunting Forum

Comfortable Snake boots?

Posted By: Lochsley123

Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/22/21 05:22 AM

What are y’all wearing? I guide and need something more comfortable for long stalks. What’s the most comfortable boot out there?
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/22/21 10:31 AM

Chippewas

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/22/21 02:21 PM

Irish Setter VaprTrek waterproof snake boot. Right out of the box, the most comfortable boot you can buy. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Chopperdrvr

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/24/21 02:04 AM

+1 for the Irish Setter. I have a pair and they feel like a good pair of running shoes.
Posted By: TKM

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/24/21 05:29 AM

Have the Irish Setter for a few months, like them so far.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/24/21 11:13 AM

Danner Sharptails work for me and my feet are messed up from old age and surgery on one.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/24/21 06:46 PM

Lace ups are a pain in sand burr country. Also, I’d hate to have a snake strike and get hung on a lace. I have worn the Chippewa w/zipper up the back. Easy on and off. I need to get a new pair, seems that gravity is causing my feet to get wider.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/24/21 07:23 PM

Danner is my snake boot of choice.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 01/28/21 02:36 PM

Chips, they feel better than tennis shoes.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 02/03/21 02:34 AM

I have the Justin’s, model WK455

https://www.justinboots.com/en-US/Product/Details?stylenumber=WK4555

I’ve had many brands but, never Danners. I’d like to have a pair someday.

Rocky, junk fall apart and poop for a warranty, never again

I’ve had several pairs of Irish setters, super comfortable and durable. Unfortunately all three pairs have lasted one season and in the spring (Turkey) ALWAYS leaked water....

Chippewas, I’ve wanted a pair for many years..... I bought the style described above and just can’t get my foot in them, for the record I sold them to a member 3 years ago and they are still going strong.

I’ve also had Ariat snake boots, it’s strange but the boots still looked new and the inside fell apart to the point I had to cut them open to get my foot out. I will say Ariat offered to give me a discount on a new pair but I got tired of emailing back and forth and decided another lesson learned.

That’s my personal experience, try them all on and walk around the store oh, and stay away from Rocky
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 02/03/21 12:37 PM

Danners are expensive but worth it. Great customer service, great product.
Posted By: John2

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 02/03/21 07:54 PM

I wore Danner Pronghorn 8" everyday years ago and they were very comfortable.I would think their snake boots with the full zipper would be just as comfortable.
Posted By: CenTex

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 02/06/21 11:51 PM

Wore chips for 10-15 years. Tried different boot sizes and different sock thicknesses. Nothing worked. They nearly brought me to tears every time I wore them. Not real sure why I continued to wear them for so long. Finally decided to make a change. Bought a pair of Justin’s. Best decision I ever made. Fit like house slippers. Have worn cowboy boots my entire life and never owned a pair of Justin boots. Love their snake boots.
Posted By: TKM

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 02/07/21 07:13 AM

I have the Irish Setter VT's, no complaints so far.
Posted By: Sewer rat

Re: Comfortable Snake boots? - 02/11/21 04:37 AM

I have to wear snake boots at work. Tried many brands and chips hold up the best. Not uncommon for us to walk five miles a day, seven days a week through the brush. I find them comfortable too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum