Texas Hunting Forum

Game camera and SD card reader

Posted By: bholt

Game camera and SD card reader - 04/17/14 12:26 PM

For some time we have had a SD card reader connected to our TV at camp to view pictures from our game cameras. On the old 40 & 50's moultries it works great because the time and date are imprinted on the "lower" part of the picture. On newer cameras that use the white "DATA" bar moon,temp,date,breakfast menu, ect, at the bottom it is VERY hard to view. In order to see we have to magnify the picture to the highest magnification and then scroll down, then we have to scroll left and right to view the data. Even after going through all this we cannot see the full bar. Put the same cards in a PC works great, recent changed TV at camp same issues, must be card reader. My question: do any other hunters use a card reader connected to your TV have the same issues?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Game camera and SD card reader - 04/20/14 02:59 AM

Why not plug the PC into the TV? I can see how you could have issues between resolution of the pics and how the TV recognizes the SD card reader and the resolution that driver can display. PC/Laptop will help make that more dynamic.

Charlie
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Game camera and SD card reader - 04/20/14 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: bholt
For some time we have had a SD card reader connected to our TV at camp to view pictures from our game cameras. On the old 40 & 50's moultries it works great because the time and date are imprinted on the "lower" part of the picture. On newer cameras that use the white "DATA" bar moon,temp,date,breakfast menu, ect, at the bottom it is VERY hard to view. In order to see we have to magnify the picture to the highest magnification and then scroll down, then we have to scroll left and right to view the data. Even after going through all this we cannot see the full bar. Put the same cards in a PC works great, recent changed TV at camp same issues, must be card reader. My question: do any other hunters use a card reader connected to your TV have the same issues?

Check to see if you can change the Aspect ratio on the TV in Settings menu. 2cents
Posted By: bholt

Re: Game camera and SD card reader - 05/26/14 09:47 PM

As for the computer we do not generally carry computers to the lease. I will check into the aspect next time i'm there thanks.
Posted By: wisco-hunter

Re: Game camera and SD card reader - 06/26/14 04:53 AM

I use my laptop computer, I can download all pics and it very easy to do. I have a special backpack for it and I can email the pics as soon as I get home. Works great!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum