Texas Hunting Forum

eccotemp portable tankless water heater

Posted By: BillD

eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 06/11/13 08:13 PM

My spousal unit bought an eccotemp L10 water heater to use in the winter to give her dogs a bath outside. Its runs off a propane grill bottle and does a great job of heating water. It uses a couple of C cell batteries for the igniter and fires up when water is flowing and then turns off when water flow stops. It would make a great addition to any hunting camp. You can adjust the water flow as well as the temperature so just set it and forget it. Its a great product for around $200. www.eccotemp.com
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 06/19/13 10:23 PM

That looks like great idea. There's been several times I wish I had something like that.
Posted By: red bluff

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 06/20/13 01:52 AM

good info, I had no idea such a product was available.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 06/20/13 02:16 PM

Thanks,has pretty good reviews. May give one a try
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 06/22/13 02:16 PM

Nice Thanks
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 08/25/13 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: red bluff

X2

This one goes in my wish list,
Thanks for the info.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 08/25/13 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajunrotor
Originally Posted By: red bluff

X2

This one goes in my wish list,
Thanks for the info.

X3
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 08/25/13 09:22 PM

They work really well for deer camps. Used one on my old lease in a little shower we made outside. Make sure you get one with the shower head that you can shut off so you don't use too much water. Also they do get very very hot. They can burn you pretty good.

Walter
Posted By: booger

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 08/25/13 10:00 PM

Thinking of something like this for my shop bathroom/shower. The idea of using a bottle rather than running a line is what I am looking for. If I do this soon I will pass the info on.
Posted By: passthru

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 08/28/13 06:33 PM

They work well.
Posted By: Medinabuck

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 09/09/13 09:25 AM

We use one at our hunting cabin. They work great. Just make sure you drain them well before a freeze. The 'piping' freezes and burst easily otherwise. We have first hand experience in that department but that just led to another use for JB Weld for a quick repair.
Posted By: booger

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 10/29/13 12:18 AM

How hard are they to hook up to an existing waterline? Water is in my shop, plumbed for shower and have a sink now but really need hot water but don't really want to do an electric one unless totally have to.
Posted By: BillD

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 10/29/13 02:01 AM

It has fittings on the bottom for water in and water out. Its really made to hook water hoses up to it but with the right fittings I'm sure you could hook up water lines. Its also made to use outdoors but that being said the propane venting into a shop for a short period of time should not be a problem.
Posted By: Daven

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 10/29/13 08:41 AM

you'll wonder how you ever lived without it... Can't open this particular link, but on demand heaters are common in houses here.. With a little creativity, you could make quick hookups to use on a workshop (butcher room?) sink, etc.... Nothing beats washing your hands in warm water or having warm water to clean up after processing. Just a little tidbit.... don't be tempted by an electric one, they suck up a whooooooole bunch of electric....
Posted By: jollyrancher

Re: eccotemp portable tankless water heater - 10/30/13 12:24 PM

Thats awesome!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum