Texas Hunting Forum

Low Cost Night Motion hunting light

Posted By: Flashprism

Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 05/31/13 03:04 PM

Thought I'd pass on some savings for you guys. I tested a Mr Beam Motion light last week and it worked fine. It sells for 19.00 and gives off a very bright white light. It's easy to mount and it did not spooke the hogs. It runs off 3 C batteries. I bagged a 150 Lb sow. Compared to my academy $50.00 hog motion light. It's a real bargain.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 05/31/13 04:26 PM

Pic's? This is the photo section BTW.

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 05/31/13 05:05 PM

Posted By: target1911

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 05/31/13 09:25 PM

Cool. Show some pics in use
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/01/13 03:16 AM

For $20 I am gong to get one for our place in Ruidoso. I won't have to leave a light one 24/7 when we are not there for a few weeks. I hate walking up to the house in the dark wondering if there is a bear waiting for me on the deck.
Posted By: readtrio

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/01/13 04:59 AM

Just bought one. Thanks for the tip!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/01/13 07:08 PM

I bought 2, not for hunting, but for cheap security lights and peace of mind without having to leave porch lights on.
Posted By: donswin

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/05/13 06:39 PM

They work great for hunting or security. I have one that has been going strong on one set of batteries for 3 months now.

It stirred a bit of contoversy but I think the concerns were ill founded. Here's the post: >Click Here<

I also use one outside my hunting trailer for those times I get there after dark. It shows me the way to the door.

3-packs are an even better bargain.
Posted By: KeepItLokey

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/08/13 06:32 PM

great tip

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/09/13 04:03 PM

Donswin I looked back at the previous post you had and the fact that you covered all the basics about it's use and low cost.I was amazed at the ensuing controversy. Unbelieveable!!!! All I can say is it was a bunch of BS!!!! What some people will do to try and protect there cash flow. The Mr beam light is low cost and serves the purpose of iluminating a feeder with it's motion sensor. It's was made and marketed as a night motion light for a home access door at night. As i have never had any hogs attempt to enter my home at night I think it.s OK to use at a feeder in the field at night (:>))))).
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/12/13 01:28 PM

Great tip.
You can go a long way with THF, Home Depot and eBay.
After reading the other post, I know who I will not recommend or purchase from....and you can "patent" that!
Posted By: DocJatTTU

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 06/21/13 03:40 AM

I spent 50 on the "moonlight" at academy and it kind of sucks. Not worth the $. I might have to give this one a shot.
Posted By: dell67

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 07/24/13 09:28 PM

nice thx
Posted By: Redneck Messiah

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 08/04/13 02:56 PM

Where can I get them from?? gonna give them a try

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 08/04/13 04:01 PM

Redneck just go to the internet and type mr beam a number of souces will come up I went with the 19.00 cost It's now about 3 months and it's still running and not spooking the deer or hogs
Posted By: birddude

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 08/05/13 02:19 AM

Got these at WalMart$19.99 runs off of 3 D cell batteries. I got several on my house and they work wonderful.
Posted By: pafree

Re: Low Cost Night Motion hunting light - 08/05/13 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Redneck Messiah
Where can I get them from?? gonna give them a try

Amazon sometimes has deals on them. there is a Dorcy brand that is the same light as the Mr. Beam.

example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_1...rcy+flood+light

also look for more than one light deals if you need more than one example: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beams-MB363-Spo...=mr.+beam+light
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum