Texas Hunting Forum

Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: nehntr

Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/25/12 08:07 PM

I have a Cuddeback that I bought 3-4 years ago and it quit working. I called them up yesterday and they told me that they no longer have parts nor service this particular model anymore. Cuddeback no flash $450 bucks new. They offered me another model for $200 buck2 and return. I told them that for $200 buck I could get a Bushnell and they have better costumer service. She said thanks "is there anything else I can do for you today" mad mad mad nuts OH AND THE NEW ONE HAD 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Posted By: gaharris

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 03:44 AM

In my experience Cuddeback cameras are the worst I have tried and their Customer Service and ability to even answer a phone call is terrible
In my humble opinion, cuddeback sucks!

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: gaharris
In my experience Cuddeback cameras are the worst I have tried and their Customer Service and ability to even answer a phone call is terrible
In my humble opinion, cuddeback sucks!

x2 and I made them send me my camera back un-repaired on their dime.

Posted By: JCB

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 04:29 AM

Exactly what model is this??? $450 seems pretty steep for a Cudde thats only 3-4 years old. I bought my first Cuddes 4 years ago and you could get the no-flash for $269 and the flash model for $199. All mine are flash models and I havent had any problems out of them. The no-flash models are known to have all kinds of problems pretty much no matter what brand you have. If you got 3-4 years out of your no-flash you did better than most people.

Posted By: MathewsBowMan

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 01:17 PM

I've posted on here about cuddeback and their very POOR customer service and camera's.
However you are lucky it worked that long.
I bought 6 Cudde's last spring and none of them worked very well at all. They wouldn't take pics.
So I thought it was operator error and hunt a brand new Cudde on same tree as my $89 Moultrie and came back 2 weeks later.
Cudde took 8 pics and my Moultrie about 250.
They had a good camera once upon a time but those days are OVER. I like Moultrie or Wildgame Innovations.
Good luck

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 02:37 PM

I had a similar situation with my Cuddeback. I traded mine in, and the new has worked ok. But I won't buy another one.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 02:38 PM

Tried Cudde once will never use them again, worst camera I ever had. I have used Stealth, Cudde, Moultrie, Leaf River, and Spypoint. To this date the best is Spypoint, 3 cameras in the field 24/7/365 for a year and a half averaging 2400+ pictures a month and all I have had to do is change batteries.

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 04:16 PM

Same song, Second verse. I will not buy another cuddeback due to piss poor customer service. I use to be a big fan and had four at one time.

Posted By: toolman

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 05:04 PM

For that much money you can get 5 TruthCam 35's that work great.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/12 05:11 PM

CuddyCrap is what they are changing the name of the company to now I think.

Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/27/12 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
CuddyCrap is what they are changing the name of the company now I think.
I hear the same.

Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 01/27/12 12:05 PM

I still have an old Cuddeback and it still works well. yeah, I have to reset everything when I change batteries. I also have a couple of Excites that are easy to program but they definitely aren't all that great.

I doubt that I will buy any more of them. It's a shame that they did this to themselves. They were once the class of the field.

Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/07/12 01:18 AM

I have 2 Captures and they work well after the Summer heat lets off but sometimes they eat a set of batteries in a week and sometimes 2 months. They dont take that many pics either but the quality of the pics is great. My next one will be a homebrew or a Reconyx.

Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/07/12 09:04 PM

Reconyx is the way to go if you can afford one.
I cant so thats why I use Bushell Trophy Cams.

Posted By: pmnitro

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/11/12 02:52 PM

Unless the cuddeback has greatly inproved, it would fall under - NEVER.
I'm using Bushnell trophy cam. Very dependable - not the best pics, and night pics are poor, however, I hunt deer and that is not a night sport best I remember...

Posted By: LG

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/12 03:56 PM

I'm knocking on wood as I speak ,but I have never had any issues with my Cuddeback..

Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/12 04:04 PM

Switch to primos!

Posted By: sandman05

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/12 04:04 PM

I use wildgame innovations and to my surprise they work great and take very impressive photos without costing an arm and a leg.

Posted By: Letemwalk140

Re: Cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/14/12 02:03 AM

Same bad experience with Cuddeback camera and customer service. I use wildgame IR cameras. So far they've been very dependable. Takes good pics and have very long battery life. Price is less than $100! Just goes to show you pay for the name when you buy Cuddeback!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum