Texas Hunting Forum

Question about Cameras

Posted By: ken starling

Question about Cameras - 09/28/11 11:19 PM

I have some Moultrie cameras, the D50 and have them set up with the power panel that moultrie sales. My question is do any of you have issues with the internal battery life on these? Mine does not seem to last very long. I have it set on low picture quality and auto flash.

thanks

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: Question about Cameras - 09/29/11 01:05 AM

I have several of those cameras but I don't have external panels on them. I get around 30 days and 1200 pictures on a set of batteries. I have them on auto flash too.

How long are you getting on yours with the panels?

Re: Question about Cameras - 09/29/11 01:11 AM

not even close to that. I dont know if the camera is jacked up or the panels. I am going to put batteries in one and a panel on another and put them side by side at the lease this weekend and see what kind of outcome I get.

Posted By: beaucfus

Re: Question about Cameras - 09/29/11 02:08 AM

i have a couple of the panels. i have batteries in the camera also. the cameras have been up for 3 years. just have to make sure you are getting direct sun light and that the internal power supply stays recharged.

Re: Question about Cameras - 09/29/11 09:47 PM

There is nothing blocking the panels. It seems that the power panels dont keep the charge long. Can you run batteries and a external so the camera will stay on?

Posted By: Shake1

Re: Question about Cameras - 10/01/11 07:36 PM

I have the Moultrie I40s, with their external battery pack. I've never used the power panels with the D40s. A few questions:

Is your external battery pack display working, and showing a charge? There is a switch to the left of the display to turn the unit on/off, change the display, etc.,

When you plug the power panel into the camera, does the camera display show "EB", which means External Battery?

The place to read more about game cameras is at:
http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php

Re: Question about Cameras - 10/04/11 01:05 AM

It shows charge , it does not say external battery. Best I can tell is the batteries in the power panel is no good. It takes about 15 pics then dies.I looked at the link and found some solutions I think.

Thanks

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum