Texas Hunting Forum

Pulsar n550 night vision digi scope

Posted By: abyorth

Pulsar n550 night vision digi scope - 02/21/11 02:49 AM

Anybody tried one of these? They look really cool.

Posted By: CatfishJr.

Re: Pulsar n550 night vision digi scope - 02/22/11 09:15 PM

I have a friend that deals in nv quite a bit he also test alot of products, He personally own many gen 3 and 4 nv units. I had questioned him about the pulsar 550 and he said its basically the same thing as turning your video camera on the night vision setting, stated it works great in urban areas were there are street lights, but in a wooded area he was lucky to be able to shoot 50 yards.

Posted By: West Fork Armory

Re: Pulsar n550 night vision digi scope - 02/22/11 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: CatfishJr.
I have a friend that deals in nv quite a bit he also test alot of products, He personally own many gen 3 and 4 nv units. I had questioned him about the pulsar 550 and he said its basically the same thing as turning your video camera on the night vision setting, stated it works great in urban areas were there are street lights, but in a wooded area he was lucky to be able to shoot 50 yards.
I've used both Gen 3 in the military and the Digiscope and it is not how you say it is. The digiscope is in my opinion just about as equal to gen 3 scopes. I can see hogs with it at 300 yards on a 1/4 moon without IR. Digiscope's and technology like it are about to make regular nightvison scopes have to drop their prices and make everyone who purchased a Gen 3 very unhappy with the loss of value to their equipment. Pulsar is not the only company using the Digital night vision technology, the Elcan day/night scope uses the same technology as the digiscope but also operates in color during the day. Right now we are filming hunts for The Sportsmans Channel and we use the Digiscope for our show. It preforms better than expected for the price.

Posted By: CatfishJr.

Re: Pulsar n550 night vision digi scope - 02/22/11 10:03 PM

Like I said i have not used this unit, this is just passed down from my friend. Everyone I guess will have good and bad to say about any nv unit, I know I looked through several units before I made my mind up on what route I wanted to go, which is probley the best thing for you. I think their is another guy on here that purchased the pulsar digisight may want to look him up and ask his advise.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum