Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ????

Posted by: BMD

Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 01:51 PM

rofl confused2 bolt

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 02:49 PM

No one is gonna play ? peep

Posted by: erniejs

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 03:06 PM

Yes Yes Yes Maybe Maybe Yes and Finally in my price range Yes

Posted by: Big Tony

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 03:11 PM

rofl

Posted by: Big Tony

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 03:14 PM

I'll take the Nightforce and the Swarovski. Oh wait, they're HOW MUCH?

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 03:39 PM

I dunno?

Posted by: Brother in-law

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 04:36 PM

Swarvoski beats Zeiss and Leupold hands down

Never been able to compare the others head to head, but I really like the S and B's

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 04:51 PM

Mustafa just bought a s&b so I am gonna compare it go swaro Fo sure.

Posted by: caddokiller

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 09:07 PM

Swaro, kahls, nightforce, zeiss, s&b, US optics, leupold. In that order.

Posted by: dieselgeek

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 09:09 PM

Go beat that horse on the optics forums smile

Posted by: stxranchman

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 09:39 PM

For the money Ziess and for a whole lot of money Swarovski.

Posted by: SLT

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/08/11 10:36 PM

Nightforce

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 06:34 AM

BSA is all you need. 10000 yard shots from .22lr all day long. just twist the knobs dudes.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 08:49 AM

Lol

Posted by: kmon1

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:11 AM

Didn't win the BIG Lotto bang so having to postpone the private check of all brands and models.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:13 AM

Sorry if I had won I woulda bought alot of all of em and passed pout to some good guys here on THF

Posted by: dee

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:38 AM

Played with nightforce's a lil and was amazed , never really been very impressed with ziess but to each their own.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:44 AM

I am really swaro ho, just figured I would see what others had to say about high end optics, I think conquest is a great scope for the money, but if you step to the high end zeiss the swaro is more bang for your dollar, I am really glad I will get to compare to the s&b that Mustafa just purchased would like touse a us optics as well

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:50 AM

S&B's are supposed to be pretty nice I've been looking into IOR they seem pretty nice as well.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:52 AM

Lotta great glass available these days

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:56 AM

Couldn't agree more the most surprising to me has been the Bushnell Elite series never have I thought they would have an outstanding product.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 09:59 AM

I could never use bushnell, may be decent glass now, but they had nothing but cheap arse glass I could never trust them. I know people like em but I just can't get past what they were known for be like Trashco building good glass.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:03 AM

Make no mistake they still have all their cheap stuff all the Elites are is Baush & Loumb Scopes with a different label after Bushnell bought them out.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:07 AM

Not a fan of b&l scopes either, I still think for 350-400 the zeiss conquest 3x9x40 is the best hunting scope for the money, now my swaro 4x16x50 ph's are awesome hate they changed models hurt their value but will never sell them anyway smile

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:08 AM

Through some trades I have several Bushnell elite series, good scopes and when you step up to the 6500 very good scope, That so far is holding up good to teh Anzio 50. Conquest is a good scope for the money, Kahles has some great glass also.

Posted by: jdickey

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:32 AM

Schmidt & Bender is being used by USMC snipers now, after comparing 25 different scopes.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:35 AM

Just make sure it has at least 4 knobs. Cause that's what snipers use. I'd try to find one w/ 5 or more knobs.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:44 AM

Yep Kahles is good glass

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:46 AM

Lol too many knobs

Posted by: rifleman

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 11:03 AM

Leupy beats them all on their upper end...the way I figure it...you can get 2 for the price of 1. 2 rifles, 1 scope = no bueno stir

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 11:07 AM

I haev a Leupold Mark 4, So I'm pretty sure that means they are the best.

My vote also goes to Leupold. That's how it works right?

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 11:16 AM

BMD, the Vortex spokesperson is going to be upset with you since they didn't make the title...just sayin' grin

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 01:20 PM

Lol prolly right how could I have forgotten

Posted by: Brother in-law

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 01:39 PM

Bushnell looks like a t ball bats on top of the gun

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Bushnell looks like a t ball bats on top of the gun

Not as ugly as a Pentax, and a new Leupold aka Loopy will never be on another rifle I own.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 03:16 PM

WINNER

BSAŽ Stealth Tactical Big Wheel Scope is a state - of - the - art optical masterpiece!

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 03:19 PM

that thing looks like it would go in a hamster cage.

Posted by: Dude Lebowski

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
that thing looks like it would go in a hamster cage.

You could drag your rifle behind you upside down.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 06:58 PM

rofl

Posted by: Sami

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 06:59 PM

Overall S&B but the value choice is Zeiss. Of the others only Swaro belongs in the same class.

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 07:02 PM

Swaro is my choice smile

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BMD
Swaro is my choice smile

Of course, you're a Remington guy so you don't know any better! bolt

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 07:36 PM

Lol, s&b will be prolly my next one for daughters custom, that should make u happy other than it will based on Remington action rofl

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 07:45 PM

Nah, won't make me happy but I bet it will make her! To be honest, Z6i 2.5-15x56 might be my next scope but it will be sitting on a Sako, not some stinking Remington!

Posted by: BOBO the Clown

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 07:53 PM

1 in.. scopes Swaro ah, zeiss conquest, vortex viper...in that order

30mm..s&b,zeiss, swaro... close your eyes and pick one

Posted by: jkmccoy11

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/09/11 10:05 PM

Elite 6500 for the money and clarity and durability will get my vote until i find something better which i havnt done yet

Posted by: Birdog62

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/10/11 12:16 AM

Sightron!! confused2

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/10/11 12:24 AM

Wait a second, I just placed an order for 2.5-16x50mm Bushnell Elite 6500's...so they must be the best! Couldn't resist the price, $574.99 shipped plus I got $75 in Amazon GC's. 30mm tube and all, now I don't need night vision!!! banana

Posted by: ccoker

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/10/11 12:44 PM

I have a Kalhes CL 3-10x50 which I love
having said that, I think a S&B I have been testing has nicer glass than Kahles, ever so slightly

Really, S&B, Kahles, Swaro, Ziess are all a step above optically from Nightforce, USO, IOR, etc..

2 steps above a top of the line Leupold, Nikon, etc..

Between the top 4 I would say get the one that has the features you want and preferably test back to back into very low light.

I recently tested a Kalhes CSX 1.5-6x42 directly against the S&B of the same spec.

The Kalhes was as bright into very, very low light but the S&B had better resolution, meaning for a deer hunter, a set of horns could be better evaluated at last light.

Now, to someone elses eyes, they may feel the opposite..
A good reason to test with your eyes and NOT in a gun store.

Another thing to factor in is how eye friendly the scope is, to me, some are just "easier" to get a good image fast

Posted by: Banger

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/10/11 10:15 PM

I would put S&B, US Optics, Zeiss Hensolt and Nightforce in the ring for the better built scopes. Everything else including Swarovski,Kahles and Leupold pale in an overall comparison ( quality of glass, tracking, ruggedness)

Posted by: mustafa

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/26/11 01:31 AM

S&B recently released their 1" tube summit. Comparable in price to the Swarovski's. Great scope.

Posted by: BOBO the Clown

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/26/11 07:23 AM

Smart move by s&b!!!

Posted by: txhuntingguide

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/27/11 08:01 PM

Im sticking with the PH. Ive compared it to S&B and Nightforces in the field and I must say the night force looked good to 400 after that the PH looked better. Especially counting points down canyons and in lower light it walked away from both of them.

Posted by: pokerj2

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/27/11 09:12 PM

I like my zeiss victory but my slcs are very clear at the same time!

Posted by: ScottF

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 01/28/11 10:26 AM

I'm debating on whether to go with something like a Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50 (new model) or Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 LR IRMOA or LR MD/CM (also new models) or jump to something like a Nightforce with zero stop at double the price of these other scopes.

Posted by: ScottF

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 02/01/11 04:01 PM

Decided on the Nightforce. Didn't want to be a beta tester for the Viper PST FFP or the Sightron SIII LR IRMOA

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Schmidt and Bender vs US Optics vs Nightforce vs Kahles vs Leupold vs ???? - 02/01/11 04:06 PM

Never heard a bad thing about Nightforce.