Texas Hunting Forum

Under Armour Cold Gear

Posted By: ChevyHDGert

Under Armour Cold Gear - 12/28/04 03:46 PM

Does anyone wear this stuff and does it keep the heat in and keep you warm?

I know Long Johns also work but I am looking for something more skin tight so I can easily add more layers.

Posted By: dusten0046

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 12/28/04 06:31 PM

I wore it last year during football season and it kept me warm even after I had cooled off and was soaking wet from sweat...just my .02

Posted By: wetlab

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 12/29/04 12:58 AM

Received a set of Cold Gear for Chistmas. I haven't worn them yet, but I'll post as soon as it gets cold enough to try them.

Posted By: Mike S.

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 12/29/04 10:06 PM

Just started using the brown top this year. Wouldn't hunt in the cold without it now. Hunted Christmas Eve - broke ice with waders, stood in 2 feet of water and ice for 5 hours, never got cold. Wore the underarmour,some insulated pants, a fleece pullover and a wading jacket. It was 18 degrees. Only my toes got cold because I have a pair of cheap waders.

So that'd be a yes. Much smarter than spending the same $50 on an extra sweatshirt and long underwear..... But go a size up. They are TIGHT. If you are between a large and XL for sure get the XL.

Posted By: sandman

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 12/30/04 03:25 PM

My son and I got some for Christmas. Feels like it will work OK. Haven't really had enough opportunity to thoroughly test it yet. Will let you know in a couple of weeks. Sure wish the pants had a fly!

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 01/11/05 01:47 PM

Tried them out last weekend. As far as warmth goes, not a whole lot better than good thermals after you sit for a while. As far as wicking the sweat away once it got warm, they worked great. All in all, considering the price, I probably wouldn't buy another set.

Posted By: Bradbury

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 01/11/05 02:36 PM

I felt like I could "Protect this house" LOL...sitting in a deer stand in 20 to 30 degree I had my thermal underwear over it and was fine....I have worn them goose hunting where we layed out in a field at 35 degrees and it seemed fine, but I had a jacket on as well. During duck hunts I found myself hot afterwards, especially after I had set out the blocks.....I got the green olive drab ones when Galyans had them half price, they are cold gear and for $25 I thought I would chance it....seems like it works in certain situations, but when it is cold I always dress in layers.

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 01/12/05 03:16 AM

Yeah, I thought about trying thermals over them if it got really cold. It was only about 35° Saturday morning, and I was sitting in a box blind. I didn't get COLD but I was expecting a little more warmth. Layers have always been the ticket for me too.

Posted By: coachmup

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 01/14/05 06:48 PM

I haven't worn them but several of the guys I coach with do and love them.

Posted By: wetlab

Re: Under Armour Cold Gear - 01/23/05 06:12 PM

Well, it definitely got cold enough to wear them. Since Christmas, I have duck hunted three times in the low 20's, while wearing ColdGear pants and shirt. This stuff is great. I have never been warmer. I'm not sure of the longevity, but as of right now, I would highly recommend it.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum