Texas Hunting Forum

My hats off to psycho0819

Posted By: cm250

My hats off to psycho0819 - 10/30/09 02:52 PM

Needed a set of chrony diffusers for a used chrony I bought. psycho0819 had a set he wasn't using and he sent me them for "FREE" ! Actually got them before my chrony even got here. Thanks Jay, it is greatly appreciated.
Tony

Posted By: NTRP

Re: My hats off to psycho0819 - 10/31/09 02:08 AM

Paying gear forward to other shooters is a great thing that builds and reinforces our shooting community.

You know, I don't think we have a PIF thread. I'll contact a mod to see if I can start one and moderate the rules of it.

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: My hats off to psycho0819 - 10/31/09 08:59 PM

No prob Tony. At least someone will get some use out of part of the chrony that went belly up on me.

Jay

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: My hats off to psycho0819 - 10/31/09 10:32 PM

Quote:
the chrony that went belly up on me.

How many ft lbs and velocity does it take to belly up a chrony?
Did you get a pass thru?

cheers up

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: My hats off to psycho0819 - 10/31/09 10:51 PM

No,,,,,I didn't shoot it! LOL

It just displays an error message no matter what. Even when you first turn it on. Something is fried inside. Been using a buddy's since mine went haywire. I need to get a new one myself. Just haven't yet.

But I have been witness to the fact that a 6mm Ackley will flat out toast a chrony. First two shots grazed it, and the guy couldn't figure out why his $6k viper actioned custom rifle with a Nightforce scope was off paper (rifle shot in the .1"'s). The third shot did it in. It was funny, but I bit my lip and didn't laugh.

Jay

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: My hats off to psycho0819 - 11/01/09 01:48 AM

Chrony do have a very short life. hammer I bought a chrony master. First time out I gut shot it with the plastic from a 30-06/.22 sabot at 10 foot. rifle bang
Luckly it lived because it had the remote read out. But that plastic sabot at 4000fps sure put a nice dent in it. rofl

FYI you can go to chrony wsite and buy rebuilts for around $60.00?, or exchange your gut shot dead one for about less than that.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum