Re: New Ammo Box - 10/22/22 07:06 PM

Impressive
Posted By: Blanco

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/22/22 09:36 PM

That looks bombproof! eeks333
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 12:39 AM

$160 for a medium cartridge ammo box? roflmao

I wouldn't be bragging about that. They probably have $15 in material costs. I could buy about a dozen 100 round MTM boxes that work just as well.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 10:52 AM

If I had the cash to care that much about loading and shooting I would spend it on golf equipment.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 12:50 PM

Im sure there’s a market for them. Id probably pick one up or make one out of a Pelican if I had the coin and need.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Blanco
That looks bombproof! eeks333

But not fire proof.
Posted By: spg

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 01:56 PM

Never have I been bored enough and said to myself I think I'll go play golf.

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 01:57 PM

Glad your happy with your MTM's
Posted By: DStroud

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 02:56 PM

Does look tough enough. MTM ‘s are fine until their not. Last winter I got stopped in Raton NM due to
Highway being closed for blowing snow.
I opened the back hatch and just like they warn you on airlines my stuff shifted and plastic box full of ammo fell on pavement busted open and went everywhere. Not fun crawling around in snow in 60mph wind looking for rounds under vehicle
I am headed up right now all ammo is in canvas ammo holders.

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 03:36 PM

I bought 2, I found my seating depths change in transit from constantly moving for hours or whatever phenomenon, hoping these cases solve this, TBD.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by spg
Never have I been bored enough and said to myself I think I'll go play golf.

X2
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/23/22 03:38 PM

That picture is so shiny it hurts my eyes lol
Posted By: HenryL

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/26/22 06:08 AM

Sweet! Nothing like some nice ammo boxes. I've been junking all my cheap MTM and other ammo boxes and upgrading to nicer storage myself.

Never seen the inflection boxes, but it looks nice. I've been using https://www.dnacustomengraving.com for inserts for Pelican boxes.

Here's the latest one: [Linked Image]
Posted By: wp75169

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/26/22 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by HenryL
Sweet! Nothing like some nice ammo boxes. I've been junking all my cheap MTM and other ammo boxes and upgrading to nicer storage myself.

Never seen the inflection boxes, but it looks nice. I've been using https://www.dnacustomengraving.com for inserts for Pelican boxes.

Here's the latest one: [Linked Image]

I just looked at your link and really like the cases. What I didn’t like is that the short action case is limited to 2.85” per their specs. Just about everything I load is longer than that. Can you comment on their specs vs what you’re seeing owning one?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/26/22 12:58 PM

great for tossing in your truck. won't come open in rough terrain. like
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/26/22 01:16 PM

That looks expensive!
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/26/22 02:33 PM

Gotta agree about cow pasture pool (golf). A helluva long time ago my Dad started me on golf lessons. After awhile the pro called my Dad and told him to save his money. He said that I had natural ability and tremendous potential but limited interest. I was hitting the ball towards water hazards so I could walk around looking into the water.

I’ve never stopped looking into the water and spend a lot of my spare time digging around in the woods.
Posted By: HenryL

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/26/22 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169
Originally Posted by HenryL

I just looked at your link and really like the cases. What I didn’t like is that the short action case is limited to 2.85” per their specs. Just about everything I load is longer than that. Can you comment on their specs vs what you’re seeing owning one?

I load everything long as well. I don't actually have any of the short action inserts...and thus far haven't had any issues with the inserts I have and my COAL... I don't actually think it will be a problem for you since the Pelican cases have plenty of depth... you might just need do a little custom work on the foam (assuming they won't do it for you if you ask them - they might).... as there is plenty of foam that is just being used to fill the space... here's what the inserts look like - as you can tell, you can make a lot of extra room:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The middle foam is attached to the bottom of the upper foam to make a stopping point... the bottom foam is just filling the space in the Pelican case... hell, you could probably just take out the bottom foam if you don't want to extend the depth of the holes...and just have the top foam/plate sit lower in the case.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: New Ammo Box - 10/27/22 12:05 AM

Good info Henry, thanks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum