Texas Hunting Forum

New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target

Posted By: Big Fitz

New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target - 11/24/19 07:32 PM

Link

Very interested to see how these perform. Seems Berger has an improved method of forming the meplat to make the BC more consistent. Wonder if they will incorporate that on all their bullets?
Posted By: dee

Re: New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target - 11/25/19 11:45 AM

Not sure if it'll be on all but I know there are other bullets coming down the various lineup from what I've heard.

Here's some picks of the new 109 vs a 105 hybrid a friend shared. Pic with 3 bullets is 110 atip new 109 then 105 hybrid.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DStroud

Re: New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target - 11/25/19 01:59 PM

Thanks for posting pics. Be interesting to see if they do start changing meplat thru the lineup what folks who are using Hybrid to hunt with will do.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target - 11/25/19 05:57 PM

Thanks Dee. The new meplat does look better and more consistent. How are your results with the A-Tip?
Posted By: dee

Re: New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target - 11/25/19 07:00 PM

I haven't shot or loaded any yet. I can't make myself switch from dtac's at the moment. Dtac's shoot to good and are far cheaper. They look pretty and lots of guys love them though lol. I'll get around to trying the 100 I have at some point I guess but not likely before this hunting season is over which is what I bought some for.
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: New Berger 6 mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target - 11/25/19 08:20 PM

Good luck with them. I am done with berger personally until they pull their heads from their **s's, and release the products they have already announced and stop pushing them back for years at a time. Ill shoot hornady and cutting edge until then.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum