Anyone go this morning and see the line?? roflmao
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 06:57 PM

scratch Gander Mountain is having a sale on .22lr, u talken ammo? flag
Posted By: JCB

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
scratch Gander Mountain is having a sale on .22lr, u talken ammo? flag

Well they "were" having a sale on 22 ammo but I am sure its all gone by now. Each store was suppose to have a minimum of 1000 bricks of Remington 22 Golden Bullets this morning with a limit of 2 per person for $24.99 each. I got there 30 minutes before they opened and the line was already 100 yards long and growing by the second. Guy in front of me said when he got there some people at the front of the line were putting up their sleeping bags and chairs so no telling what time those people got there. roflmao
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 07:37 PM

I've found it at Cabelas Ft Worth twice in th last few months.

Limit 2 boxes but it was pretty much normal pricing.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 08:12 PM

Great!!!! How long before they start showing up in the classifieds for $40-$50 a brick?? bang
Posted By: ralph

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 08:34 PM

I got to the GM in Tyler about 11:10 and bought two boxes in less than 5 minutes. They still had about 500 boxes left. The cashier said folks were lined up when they opened and they sold about $10K in .22LR in the first hour or so. He figured the supply would last until sometime in the afternoon. If every GM had 1000 boxes there should be plenty- if people would just relax and not buy to resell or to hoard. I didn't have my son buy any because we have been able to find it at GM and/or Academy in sufficient supply to keep us shooting.

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Great!!!! How long before they start showing up in the classifieds for $40-$50 a brick?? bang

I hope pretty soon. I love watching people scream and holler in those threads about how unfair it is. roflmao
Posted By: retfuz

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 10:37 PM

I've got a brick I bought about 10 years ago, maybe 10 or 15 bullets shot. I don't understand standing line for hardly anything.
Posted By: Payne

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 10:46 PM

some people shoot more than you
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
I don't understand standing line for hardly anything.

It's human nature for many to want what they see others wanting. It's what led to the craze of owning an SUV and so many other things
Posted By: BOONER

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/23/14 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

It's human nature for many to want what they see others wanting. It's what led to the craze of owning an SUV and so many other things

Are you saying that soccer moms really dont need 4x4 Z71s to haul their children on pavement? Wow some people will call you crazy!
Posted By: Cleric

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/24/14 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: BOONER

Are you saying that soccer moms really dont need 4x4 Z71s to haul their children on pavement? Wow some people will call you crazy!

Have you seen the size of speed bumps lately? Of course they need them
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/24/14 01:41 AM

CTD in McKinney has a 50rd box of American Eagle 22lr for sale for $13 eek2
Posted By: _Lee

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/24/14 01:54 AM

roflmao

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/24/14 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Chickenman

Anyone dumb enough to buy from them deserves that kind of deal anyway.
Posted By: JD4030

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/24/14 03:08 AM

Or diesel 3/4 ton 4*4's for that matter....
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/24/14 05:03 AM

I've got a brick I bought about 10 years ago, maybe 10 or 15 bullets shot. I don't understand standing line for hardly anything.

Well I easily shoot 300-600 rounds of .22lr a month.
Posted By: 12pointer

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/25/14 09:01 PM

I find it at Wal-Mart almost every week. The lines have died down, although the regular "gougers" are still there.
Posted By: Reloader-7

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 04:01 PM

12pointer, which Walmart. Every time I check the Walmarts here in Lewisville, they say that they have not seen any for weeks. And I know one of the guys that works in the one on 3040 and he says the same thing.

Where are you finding it?
Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 05:39 PM

Id love to find a brick of 22 cbs or Aquilla Super Quiets.

They seem to be more rare than regular 22s
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Reloader-7
12pointer, which Walmart. Every time I check the Walmarts here in Lewisville, they say that they have not seen any for weeks. And I know one of the guys that works in the one on 3040 and he says the same thing.

I'd wager they are lying to you. Probably because their buddies but it when it comes in. I'm pretty sure every Walmart get at least some every week.
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: Reloader-7

I'd wager they are lying to you. Probably because their buddies but it when it comes in. I'm pretty sure every Walmart get at least some every week.

I hit 3 walmarts on Saturday with no luck...guy at the one on 1171 said they have guys who still line up in the morning...and yes walmarts are getting some every week.
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 07:03 PM

I was in Corsicana by their Gander Mountain on Monday morning around 8:50am, so I decided to stop.

At the door were about 5-6 couples.

As soon as the door opened at 9am, everyone scooted directly back to the shooting section and snagged 2 bricks.

I went ahead and bought some because I am running low on my regular shooting stock of .22LR. I have a rainy day fund, but only dip into it when I can't find bricks in stores.

It blows my mind these people line up and wait every morning.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JD4030

Or diesel 3/4 ton 4*4's for that matter....

How you know they aint bout to go hook up to their horse trailer and go work a cutting horse

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: MewshawTX
I was in Corsicana by their Gander Mountain on Monday morning around 8:50am, so I decided to stop.

At the door were about 5-6 couples.

As soon as the door opened at 9am, everyone scooted directly back to the shooting section and snagged 2 bricks.

I went ahead and bought some because I am running low on my regular shooting stock of .22LR. I have a rainy day fund, but only dip into it when I can't find bricks in stores.

It blows my mind these people line up and wait every morning.

for a .22 at that... I made money off the deal and sold my .22... might as well shoot a .22mag and .17hmr at those prices
Posted By: TooLow

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 07:10 PM

I hate that so many people are still just hoarding ammo for the heck of it.
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

for a .22 at that... I made money off the deal and sold my .22... might as well shoot a .22mag and .17hmr at those prices

I considered $21/brick of 500 a good deal, so I bought two. I will use it up in just a few weekends.

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 07:42 PM

I considered $21/brick of 500 a good deal, so I bought two. I will use it up in just a few weekends.

Good deal for what the price has been for sure.. I remember not long ago buying a 900rnd brick for $10.. just crazy the way its went
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 09:35 PM

Good deal for what the price has been for sure.. I remember not long ago buying a 900rnd brick for $10.. just crazy the way its went

900 round brick ??? for $10 ??? not long ago ??? Is some thing here a misprint or what and when and where did this occur ??

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/26/14 09:36 PM

Bout 10 years ago I guess...
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 02/27/14 04:20 AM

It's not common at most WalMart stores as stated above. For a while I quit going twice a day because of my fail rate. I recently restarted my visits just to prove the braggers wrong. I last bought .22 at WM on 7-5-13. Really.
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/03/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
Originally Posted By: Chickenman

Anyone dumb enough to buy from them deserves that kind of deal anyway.

Alamo Ammo at the last Austin gunshow I went to had a 500rnd brick of American Eagle .22lr for $169.99.....I thought that was pretty funny.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/03/14 07:08 PM

Alamo Ammo has been leading the way on price gouging. I was a steady customer for years but I quit buying from them last January when the crap hit the fan. I will never buy from them again. But I don't think they care as people out there must be buying at beyond-gouging prices.
Other small shops around San Antonio also gouge, Nagles was sky high like Alamo. Gun Shack wasn't too bad but they were guilty none the less. (but not so bad that I won't forgive them)
Bass Pro, Academy and Cabelas held their prices pretty dang good, so the small private shops lost a lot of business, I hate to see it. They must have made enough to off-set their losses.
Posted By: grayparatrooper

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/09/14 05:35 AM

Haven't seen any vp at Walmart in ages but have found it elsewhere. I just wish the hoarding would stop.
Posted By: Rockfish Dave

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/09/14 02:17 PM

Bought a case of Rem. Golden Bullets at just under 12 a brick... unfortunately I am almost out and need to buy another case...
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/09/14 02:23 PM

Academy in Waco had 22 ratshot yesterday. Does that count?
Posted By: hwy84

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/09/14 10:27 PM

The gander in Corsicana had the 1400 count buckets yesterday, not cheap but available! First 22 I've seen on shelfs since this time last year!
Posted By: janie

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/10/14 03:30 PM

I don't understand it. Bill and I went to the gunshow in Bonham, and couldn't believe the prices some had on their .22 ammo.

LOL

And we heard several complaining that they weren't moving anything.

smh
Posted By: hwy84

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/13/14 11:20 AM

Yeah I thought the 22 prices where high at the Buffalo show couple weeks back but he pretty much sold out. Areas that aren't getting 22's are willing to pay more for it!!!!!
Walmart's in this area have managers who call and hold their 22's for certain people. They must be getting a kick back on the profits!
Posted By: zederwatz

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/14/14 01:32 AM

Today's Cabela's flyer shows them to have door buster sale on Sat. 3-15 to sell Winchester 40 gr 22 ammo for $44.99 for box of 1,000 in Ft Worth and Allen. Normally 49.99. Starts 8 a.m. 5 hrs only, while supply last
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/14/14 11:29 AM

....while supplied last means as fast as they can ring it up.
Posted By: John Leighton

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/14/14 12:38 PM

I am finding it in Houston pretty regularly. Walmart and Academy are pretty good about 2 box max.
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: GANDER MOUNTAIN 22LR SALE! - 03/14/14 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: zederwatz
Today's Cabela's flyer shows them to have door buster sale on Sat. 3-15 to sell Winchester 40 gr 22 ammo for $44.99 for box of 1,000 in Ft Worth and Allen. Normally 49.99. Starts 8 a.m. 5 hrs only, while supply last

Saw that the other day...if there were lines at Gander, I can only imagine the lines at Cabelas. Won't find me there but maybe one of you guys will take a pic!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum