Texas Hunting Forum

Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers

Posted By: AaronM58

Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/06/13 09:42 PM

I'm leaving in a few weeks for my first African safari, and I've run into a little bit of a problem. When I bought my .300 win mag last summer, I had a family friend help me work up a load to use on my trip. Since I currently don't own my own reloading equipment, my friend also handled all of the reloading - I just had to buy the dies, powder, primers, powder, etc. Unfortunately, my buddy is in the process of relocating out-of-state for a new job & cannot help me out before I leave.

I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I'm needing 28 rounds reloaded. I can provide the brass, dies, bullets, primers & powder. I will certainly pay for your services. If anybody can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted By: OkieDokie

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 12:38 AM

Giving your location would help, then if someone was close to you they could help without shipping or a long drive. Good luck.

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: OkieDokie
Giving your location would help, then if someone was close to you they could help without shipping or a long drive. Good luck.

I'm in Lubbock.
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 04:17 AM

Just buy a couple of boxes of Federal Premium ammo (AccuBond or Partition), and don't risk the hunt of a lifetime on the ability of someone you don't know to reload.

My option.

5 Stand Dan
Posted By: Fatalwishes' Wife

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 5 Stand Dan
Just buy a couple of boxes of Federal Premium ammo (AccuBond or Partition), and don't risk the hunt of a lifetime on the ability of someone you don't know to reload.

My option.

5 Stand Dan

I would go with that.
Posted By: target1911

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Fatalwishes
Originally Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

My option.

5 Stand Dan

I would go with that.

This.
Posted By: flyby

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 10:29 AM

I'd be happy to help out, BUT....I'm going out of town in a couple of weeks for a month. Won't have access to my equipment during that time. If you were local I'd have you come by and help you do it.

Kind of agree on having just anyone do it. The factory route is probably best.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 12:46 PM

Dude you are likely to be hunting dangerous game with that load. Most guys don't want that responsibility. Buy some good ammo for this trip.

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Dude you are likely to be hunting dangerous game with that load. Most guys don't want that responsibility. Buy some good ammo for this trip.

No dangerous game on this hunt.....strictly plains game.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 02:04 PM

If you are willing to make the drive drive to east Texas you are welcome to use my equipment. I would assist you as needed.

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: elkhunter7x6
If you are willing to make the drive drive to east Texas you are welcome to use my equipment. I would assist you as needed.

Thank you very much for the offer, but you're about 8-9 hours from me. That's just a little too far of a drive. Thanks again though!
Posted By: target1911

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 07:32 PM

If for some reason you have your mind made up on reloads, there are places that do custom reloads. I would do that way before even considering letting some Jo blo load my ammo for me

Re: Need Some Help From My Fellow THFers - 04/07/13 07:41 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Found out that a co-worker's dad has a setup that he is going let me use. I'll take care of everything myself. Thanks again!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum