Texas Hunting Forum

Walmart removed ammo from website

Posted By: joshbenavides

Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/11/13 07:08 AM

I just noticed a minute ago that walmart.com has removed all ammo listings from their website. You couldnt purchase online but could check if in stock or not. It was a 50/50 shot most of the time but seems they've removed it completely now.
Posted By: txhippo

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/11/13 07:15 AM

I heard their warehouse is empty? I dont know if it's true.
I haven't seen anything in the stores recently.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/11/13 07:31 AM

I actually found 25 boxes of WWB 55 grain .223 at a local Wal Mart. Three box limit.

Oh, and it was 12.97 per 20 rd box. eek2
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/11/13 04:13 PM

They get small amounts every two or three days. You need to make some recon trips and find out when that is.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/11/13 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
I actually found 25 boxes of WWB 55 grain .223 at a local Wal Mart. Three box limit.

Oh, and it was 12.97 per 20 rd box. eek2

Exactly what I found at Gun Barrel City WM
Posted By: grafixsolutions

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/13/13 12:37 PM

I was told that walmart.com was getting so many complaints of showing ammo in stock at stores and people would go out of their way to get it and only to find out the store was out. They said the inventory on ammo moves so fast thgat thgey can't keep up online, so they removed it for now.

Also, your local walmart gets loads in EVERY night. The store has no idea if they are getting 1 box or 30 cases of ammo. The best thing to do is show up around 7am each day and see if they are stocking the cabinet or they will go in back and see if they got any in.

The ammo manufactures are going to send the most ammo out to their biggest sellers, "Walmart", first.

Hope this helps!
Posted By: jlbain94

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/13/13 01:43 PM

Been calling the local Walmart in Seagoville, TX every afternoon and still have not managed to find one box of 22LR. Cabelas was out the other day. Academy is out. Needing to call Bass Pro, but I got a good feeling they're out. Having 22 withdrawals.
Posted By: Loden

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/13/13 04:17 PM

get in line at an academy early morning, they take it to the service desk
Posted By: BeanoTSS#1

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/13/13 05:11 PM

Walmart in Mckinney off of 380 had several 100rd value packs of Federal .223 last night. They also had 30-40 AE AR15 20rd box's.

Walmart Grand Opening in Lucas this morning had multiple boxes of the 100rd value packs and 20rd packs this morning. Sold out of the value packs before 9am.

It's out there, you just have to look. Most of the time I come up empty handed but every now and then I find it.
Posted By: psychsurf

Re: Walmart removed ammo from website - 02/13/13 05:32 PM

Exactly, I stop every time I pass a walmart. Sometimes you get lucky.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum