Texas Hunting Forum

cci quiet 22 ammo

Posted By: webstertroy

cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/24/12 07:35 PM

Has anyone tryed the cci quiet .22 ammo?

Posted By: winner

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/24/12 07:39 PM

i put the subsonic remingtons through my buckmark this weekend and was very disappointed in the reduction of noise. i will not buy them again. but maybe it is better for rifles?

Posted By: webstertroy

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/24/12 07:40 PM

the subsonic rems are not quiet at all lol sound just like a reg .22lr...

Posted By: Big Grouper

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/24/12 09:16 PM

Shoot em in a rifle and you can tell the difference. Pistols are still loud even shooting the CB longs. Those sound like a pellet gun coming out of a bolt action or a lever action rifle!

Posted By: Navasot

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/24/12 09:22 PM

the subsonics are good for silenced 22s because there is no crack from breaking the sound barrier... they are a little better in a rifle but still got a pop

Posted By: Hideandseek

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/25/12 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Grouper
Shoot em in a rifle and you can tell the difference. Pistols are still loud even shooting the CB longs. Those sound like a pellet gun coming out of a bolt action or a lever action rifle!

X2

Posted By: Cast

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/25/12 06:05 PM

The CCI Quiets fly at a slow 710fps or close to that. Subsonics are much faster, around 950fps. The quiets are quieter, but just for short range stuff.

Posted By: blackcoal

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/25/12 06:34 PM

CB has very little sound coming out of a rifle, and that will vary by surroundings. Also wind can diminish or muffle the sound. In less they have changed the CCI CB shorts and longs had the same weight bullet & powder, but using the long kept the chamber crud ready for any LR, where as shorts sometimes started leaving a ring that would interfere with loading. On a windy day they sound quieter than a screen door slamming.

Posted By: btp

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/25/12 10:29 PM

I love them out of my Sparrow. As far as unsupressed, stick with the colibri or super colibri line from Aguila if you want a discernible reduction in noise.

Posted By: quackcommander

Re: cci quiet 22 ammo - 07/29/12 04:57 AM

CB Caps are great.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum