Texas Hunting Forum

Tyler, TX Reloading supplies

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 01:55 AM

I only know of two places here that sell reloading supplies. Very rarely does with one have what I need. Went looking for .224 55gr Varmit loads, sierra, hornaday, whatever aand varget powder and small rifle primers. Between Macs and Gander all I could find was the primers. Any suggestions even within an hour of Tyler?

Posted By: KC

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 02:24 AM

You are usually stuck with mail order unless you're close to Cabelas. I'm happy if I can get powder and primers local, everything else I buy from Midway.

Posted By: quackaholic1

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 02:24 AM

Nope. Sorry Chuck but I have lived in the Tyler area for 50+ years and there is nowhere around here that I know of. Bass Pro in Shrevesport of Dallas is probably the closest. I know there use to be a place in Canton but I can't remember the name of it and that was years ago. Good luck and God Bless

Posted By: bdotson

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 02:49 AM

Might give gun Dr in longview a call they have a lot of stuff

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 02:56 AM

Guess I wll try to stock up on what I can when the gunshows come through. I loathe the idea of paying a hazmat fee for powder.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 03:46 AM

Wylies outside of Canton might have what you are looking for.

How much ya need?

Posted By: dsniper

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 04:10 AM

Chuck I might be making the trip to the Allen Cabelas tomorrow, but won't know until the morning for sure. I would be happy to help you out and pick up a few things for you while there. Just make a list, calculate the price and we can meet before I head out. PM your number and I will call you if I am going to make the drive.

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 04:22 AM

I have to go to the Inlaws this weekend in Louisiana. I have to pass through Shreveport, so I am going to drop in Bass Pro.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 04:26 AM

Good luck the one in Garland has very little

Posted By: Huntin_Drakes

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 02:53 PM

Great Texas Gun Company in Bryan, TX... off of HWY 21...

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/23/11 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntin_Drakes
Great Texas Gun Company in Bryan, TX... off of HWY 21...

Yeah definitely would be easier to purchase online and pay the hazmat fee than to drive to Bryan and pay the gas. Thanks for the info though.

Posted By: cory_cooper

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/25/11 01:30 AM

high noon mercintile on 155 usually has some powder, there bullet selection sucks though. If you go to macs talk to wes he will usally order whatever you need

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/25/11 01:43 AM

Never thought about High Noon, I have bought some guns there but never remembered seeing any reloading supplies. I am going to run by Macs tomorrow at lunch.

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/25/11 08:22 PM

Macs had some Varget behind the counter when I asked, bullet selection was another animal. Just ordered some from Natchez. Thanks guys.

Posted By: Elkman

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/26/11 12:44 PM

Wileys just west of Canton or Wulf in Athens

Posted By: scattergun

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/26/11 06:21 PM

Jack of Pawns in Longview has the best selection in the area that I have found. I try to wait until I have a large order and split the hazmat and freight with a buddy or two but sometimes get in a bind for something.

Posted By: 100%TEXAN

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/27/11 02:17 AM

I would try Gun Doctor in Longview. They are knowledgeable folks and there prices are pretty fair.

Posted By: jackdpowell

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/27/11 09:31 PM

Jack of Pawns has a good selection but is too high.
Gun DR in L-view is the man... has most everything

Posted By: Kill Box ALPHA

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 04/28/11 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: bdotson
Might give gun Dr in longview a call they have a lot of stuff

Gun Dr in Longview has good prices (better than Cabelas) on powder. Don't remember seeing many projectiles but you can always wait till the Tyler gun show. I know you can find someone there.

Posted By: BigR

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/17/13 11:58 PM

I have a long list of reloading supplies for sale. Bullets, dies, powder, primers and misc. text me your e-mail address and I will send you a list.

BigR
Posted By: BigR

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/17/13 11:59 PM

I guess a cell # would help. 903-812-1248

Sorry about that.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/18/13 02:38 AM

Try Buffalo Creek Trap Club in Ben Wheeler,Tx.

I spoke to the owner on the phone earlier this week and he said he had most of the Hodgdon line as well as most of the Alliant powders in stock. Prices sounded quite good as well. He told me he also gives a discount if you are a member as well. Not sure but I believe he said he had a good supply of Winchester primers as well. Did not ask about bullets as I have a few years supply.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/18/13 09:11 PM

No bullets at BCTC.

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/19/13 02:21 AM

I am a member at BCTC, he kept me going this earlier this year during the hard times. Can't say enough good things about Mr. Hannah.
Posted By: Loden

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/21/13 12:39 AM

Thy Full Mag Sports in Whitehouse
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Tyler, TX Reloading supplies - 10/22/13 12:04 AM

You bet on Mr. Hannah!! Good man.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum