Texas Hunting Forum

I wanna learn to cast bullets...

Posted By: jackdpowell

I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 03:21 AM

Is there anyone in east Texas that can hold my hand when it comes to bullet casting. I have basics down but want to go to the next level. jackdpowell@yahoo.com

Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 11:28 AM

How many levels are there? You pour melted lead into a mold. Wheel weights for target shooting. Plumbers lead for hunting. Or either for both if you prefer.

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 02:22 PM

There are levels in everything. Im sure you will agree. Just as there are true hunters and then there are those who sit in the woods with a gun at their side.

Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 05:05 PM

I agree there are levels of most everything. I just don't know the different levels of bullet casting. Are you wanting to create your own alloys?

Posted By: xcaliber

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 06:33 PM

Go to the forum CAST BOOLITS . There is a lot of info there and good people that will answer any questions you might have and probably already answered on a thread somewhere. I started to cast in the middle 80's . Nothing like hands on experience if you can find someone locallly to help .

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 07:21 PM

I just want to make a better bullet. I can make something that will go downrange. Trying to polish my craft...

Posted By: xcaliber

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: jackdpowell
I just want to make a better bullet. I can make something that will go downrange. Trying to polish my craft...

What seems to be the problem if you don't mind me asking.

Re: I wanna learn to cast bullets... - 08/13/10 10:38 PM

I dont think I have found the magic temp for casting. Not nice and shiney like store bought ones. Still fighting sizing and lubing. Fixin to buy a lube heater. Who thought we would have to warm something in Texas.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum