Texas Hunting Forum

Got a new one

Posted By: Bartman

Got a new one - 06/01/10 12:42 AM

I just bought me a new T/C Omega and can't wait to get out and shoot it. I got a good deal on it for $499. Does anyone else have one and if so how do you like it. I need a new scope for it also let me hear your recommendations?
IMG]http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/dbart7387/TC%20Omega/PIC_0042.jpg[/IMG]

Posted By: BSmith

Re: Got a new one - 06/02/10 03:03 AM

I got one this year. I shot it for the first time this past weekend. It's really growing on me. I'm new to muzzleloaders. So I've learned everything by reading. I opted to put a Burris Fullfield II on mine. I have a couple others and have had great luck with them. Burris has recommendations for bullet/powder that matches up with the ballistiplex reticle out past 200 yards. I thought about the Nikon Omega. But I read that some people buy them and don't easily get used to the reticle. Since I had experience with the Burris I opted for that direction. Good luck with your rifle.

Posted By: Bartman

Re: Got a new one - 06/02/10 05:55 PM

Thanks for the reply. I do want to go with a silver scope as opposed to a black one. I was looking at those ones as well as the Nikon and a Leupold all in the silver finish. Just trying to see what others have used before I make a decision. Good luck with yours and the upcoming season.

Posted By: kuntry_kid

Re: Got a new one - 06/03/10 11:49 AM

If I get to go on another ML hunt I am set on buying the Omega. It is good to hear good reports about it.

I took a Traditions Hawken on my last hunt.

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Got a new one - 06/03/10 07:46 PM

I purchased an Omega myself from a forum member and love the thing! Looking forward to the extended muzzleloader season and getting drawn for Iowa in the next couple years.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Got a new one - 06/04/10 05:33 AM

Those $55 preference points was a deal breaker for me on Iowa. At least for now. Other states are fast getting up there on preference point fees and licenses. So it might make building points for a muzzleloader hunt in Iowa a bargain someday.

I own two other muzzleloaders already, but I was tire kicking a future upgrade and asked around a few months ago. The TC Omega was very popular with hunters. It has a happy following.

Posted By: asolde

Re: Got a new one - 06/05/10 09:21 PM

I bought a TC triumph bone collector and bought the Leupold ultimate slam scope and I am going to use the leupold dual dove tail mount system. I plan on using the barnes 250 tmz with two pellets of triple7 to start with. I havent made up my mined on the primer yet. I put in for the Iowa draw with two preference points 1st gun season.

Posted By: ttaillac

Re: Got a new one - 06/10/10 12:46 PM

Whats better? The Omega or the Triumph?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum