Texas Hunting Forum

Practicing in Dallas?

Posted By: J.R.

Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 05:49 PM

I did it...I took the plunge and got a bow after shooting friends' bows with good results. Got it set up by those in the know and have it shooting great at 20 yds. (the depth of my back yard), so now I would like to find an archery range where I can dial my pins in at greater distances and practice now & then.

Where to go in the Dallas area?

Thanks for any help!!

J.R.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 05:58 PM

Syracuse Meats over by Cabela's in north Forth Worth ahs an awsome 3d range

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 06:06 PM

Thanks, Bo. Do they charge a fee per visit like a gun range?

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: J.R.

Yes or I think you can buy a yearly pass. The range is first rate, with tripods, enclosed blinds, tree stands and Ground blinds... Plus a regular range

Posted By: Wes70

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 06:51 PM

Collin County has a range you can use year around if you become a member.

Posted By: ScottF

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 06:55 PM

Texins Archery at LBJ and 75 (roughly).

It is a membership club that is open 24/7 to members.

www.dallasarchery.com

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 07:44 PM

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: J.R.

Yes or I think you can buy a yearly pass. The range is first rate, with tripods, enclosed blinds, tree stands and Ground blinds... Plus a regular range

You buy a membership, but it still cost to shoot. popcorn But it is nice.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 08:39 PM

wait............you pay a membership??? Then they still charge you to shoot when you go out, as a member??? what kinda bs is that???

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 7mag
wait............you pay a membership??? Then they still charge you to shoot when you go out, as a member??? what kinda bs is that???

No comment, but people are paying it.

Posted By: Gus McRae

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/16/09 10:56 PM

J.R.

I live in Frisco as well and belong to the Texins Archery Range. Absolutely the best range in DFW. They're the only place in Dallas that has a broadhead range, which is nice to prepare for hunting season. They also have a 3D course, a target shooting area, a field course, and a stump range (with tripods, ground blinds, etc. to shoot from).

You can check them out for Sat mornings from 9 am-noon, when the range is open to the public.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/17/09 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: 7mag

It's more like a country club archery range. Darn nice though.

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/17/09 07:17 PM

Hey, Passthru....how you doin'? Didn't I see a pic of you recently with a first bow kill of some kind? I understand there may be another pig hunt in the works when deer season's over...maybe I'll take the bow this time instead of the cannons:)

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/17/09 07:19 PM

Thanks, Gus. Guess I'm gonna have to join Texins. Looks like a great place & it's between work & the house, so it's a natural fit.

Posted By: Hooligan

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/17/09 07:47 PM

I know their website says it but is Texins really a 24/7 range? It might be worth it for me to join so I can go practice after work otherwise I'll have to go to Syracuse because it's close to the house

Posted By: eedsmx691

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/18/09 08:50 PM

Yes it is. The gate has a coded lock on it and after you join you have 24/7 access. There are lights on the ranges that you turn on and off. Great place to shoot.

Posted By: Gus McRae

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/19/09 04:08 PM

J.R.

Yep, I work in Dallas, and hit the range after work once in a while. During the spring, summer, and fall they have "League Night" on Wed nights. You pay $5 each time you shoot, and they have a 3D course set up. Pretty cool way to meet other members. Kind of like a bowling league for archers.

As eedsmx691 mentioned, you have access to the range 24/7, 365 days a year.

Posted By: TXBowhunter1

Re: Practicing in Dallas? - 12/21/09 06:39 AM

J.R.'s a natural. dude can shoot a bow. he out shot me the first time he ever shot a bow!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum