Texas Hunting Forum

Public land hunting- Amistad NRA

Posted By: bonecollector

Public land hunting- Amistad NRA - 09/28/09 01:41 AM

The Best kept Secret in Texas is Amistad NRA. This is extreme bowhunting and not for cornfeeder hunters. Amistad NRA is achery only hunting with Long, recurve and compound bows may be used during archery and general hunting season. The possession or use of crossbows is prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas, except by those hunters with an upper-limb disability as defined by Texas Parks and Wildlife Regulations (new park regulation). The best resource is http://www.amistadbowhunter.com

Posted By: bassackwards dav

Re: Public land hunting- Amistad NRA - 09/28/09 02:55 AM

Last yr I went fishing at Amistad during bow season. I couldnt figure what I was seeing on some bass boats crossing the lake. But then when I was loading up that eveing I learned it was tripods. Heck of alot of deer around amistad.

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Public land hunting- Amistad NRA - 09/29/09 09:18 PM

Get a good pair of snake boots.

I'm just sayin...

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Public land hunting- Amistad NRA - 09/30/09 11:40 AM

Find a good lake map and look for those islands and long peninsulas that are connected to land, and set up on the bottle neck between where the land is narrow with water on each side, as it channels the deer within bow range as they travel through those bottle necks.

Pay attention to the wind and set up on the downwind side of the bottle neck.

The long drive is well worth it, with some great hunting, and the price is right!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum