Texas Hunting Forum

How to combat target panic

Posted By: HunterGuy

How to combat target panic - 02/23/24 05:27 PM

Sometimes right before my release gos off, my pin is steady on the target, then all the sudden it’s not and a miss a couple inches too usually the left. Is that target panic? I just switched to a thumb button, didn’t really have it when I was shooting an index. My good groups are better with a thumb but every once in a while I’ll have one arrow nowhere close to the others. Any of y’all have advice to combat this? I’ve been shooting about 100 arrows a day and it happens to about 10 of them.
Posted By: HunterGuy

Re: How to combat target panic - 02/23/24 07:44 PM

Disregard this. I figured out why those shots were off. My draw length was too short so I had an inconsistent anchor.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: How to combat target panic - 02/23/24 07:50 PM

Yep. Target panic. It just happens. Don’t just keep shooting. Easiest way to overcome target panic is move close to your target, point blank. Focus on a smooth steady draw, close your eyes and release on target when you feel steady. You should have a smooth silky release. About six shots and you should be good.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: How to combat target panic - 02/24/24 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by HunterGuy
Disregard this. I figured out why those shots were off. My draw length was too short so I had an inconsistent anchor.

Different style releases can do that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum