Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow bolt noc change

Posted By: kmon11

Crossbow bolt noc change - 09/17/23 11:33 AM

Ever have crossbow nocs to change but cannot get the old one out?

For years I had issue with this but not now after finding this. Thanks to a nice lady at TenPoint for the tip and video link. It is a short video so link not imbedded video in the thread. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wai3i1w3bX0

Changed out a pack of bolts for the wife to lighted knocks and worked like a charm. Used a .1inch steel rod to knock them out. My 17 cal cleaning rod was too large diameter to fit through the insert.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 09/17/23 03:50 PM

That's slicker than owl [censored]!! Thanx!
Posted By: Huckleberry75

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 10/23/23 02:27 AM

Awesome! I have been meaning to switch some bolts over to lighted nocks. Great tip.
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 10/24/23 10:54 AM

Well, that was clever. And God bless the man for not calling it a "hack." cheers
Posted By: freerange

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 02:49 AM

I missed this thread. I cant get video to load. Any further explanation or help with video appreciated.

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 04:43 AM

Rod that will fit down through the insert longer than the bolt. Spray bolt noc end with air spray upside down so it is a cold spray then knock the noc out with the rod.

Video loaded for me. but here is a different one showing it

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 04:44 AM

It works on some other bolts as long as the insert has the hole the rod will go through. On some old Parker bolts I wanted to change to lighted nocs on I did the spray and used a set of pliers to remove the noc with the same method.

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 05:04 PM

Thanks, kmon. I need to go to lighted nocks.

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Thanks, kmon. I need to go to lighted nocks.

They do help you see your shots much better.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 07:04 PM

Agree on the lighted nocks. been using them for a couple years and they are great at seeing the shot.

I am trying to get my son converted to them. He is young and doesn't listen well to dad advice.... hammer

Re: Crossbow bolt noc change - 01/17/24 08:03 PM

Is there any downside to them at all?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum