Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest?

Posted By: FoxTrot

Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/11/09 11:56 PM

Just like it says...
Do you use it and do you like it?

Posted By: TXBowhunter1

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 12:22 AM

wes70 sold them for a while. reminds me of a WB.

Posted By: Wes70

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 04:10 AM

If I was going to use a full capture rest, I would use the Hostage Pro. It still has the wiskers that hold the arrow just not as many. Also when the wiskers ware out you can replace them.

It is not a bad rest but I still would rather use a drop-a-way.

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 04:46 AM

I put one on my girlfriends bow. Just because she has never shot a bow till just recently. As soon as I am comfortable with her shooting a drop away, it will be gone and a drop away will be put on. It's better than a whisker biskit since there is no vane contact with the whiskers, but it still will not tune like a drop away, plus you are still forced to shoot your [censored] vane up and it could interfere with your cables on some bows. I know we had a slight issue with it on her bow. If you are that worried about an arrow falling off the rest get the trophy taker top load full capture and be done with it.

Posted By: rtapp

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 06:02 AM

I've got one and like it alot, holds arrow really good.

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 09:17 AM

Quote:

I put one on my girlfriends bow. Just because she has never shot a bow till just recently. As soon as I am comfortable with her shooting a drop away, it will be gone and a drop away will be put on. It's better than a whisker biskit since there is no vane contact with the whiskers, but it still will not tune like a drop away, plus you are still forced to shoot your [censored] vane up and it could interfere with your cables on some bows. I know we had a slight issue with it on her bow. If you are that worried about an arrow falling off the rest get the trophy taker top load full capture and be done with it.

i got that trophy take and i like it alot. never had an arrow fall out!

Posted By: Dude Briggs

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 08:58 PM

My dad has one on his and it seems to be fine for practice but for me the bristles make too much noise on the draw. I've got a QAD ultra drop away with moleskin on it and it is perfect for me and doesnt make any noise.

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/12/09 09:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i got that trophy take and i like it alot. never had an arrow fall out!

If it tunes like all the other trophy takers I have dealt with it should be a great rest. I shot trophy taker s for a long time and they were great rests.

Posted By: amber

Re: Anyone use the Octane Hostage Pro rest? - 05/20/09 07:15 PM

I have a octane hostage pro on my kodiak titan and i love it. I had a whisker biskit on but it kept tearing vanes off. Problem solved with the hostage pro because the brushes don't have contact with the vanes.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum