Texas Hunting Forum

Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc.

Posted By: Gravytrain

Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/12/16 07:11 PM

Best bows used vs new bow, plus breakdown the cost of needed accessories.
Then pick the one where you think the best bang for the buck is.

$250-$300

$300-$350

$400-$450

Thanks.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/13/16 04:12 PM

Your upper price range may get you into a higher end bow set up for hunting that is 5 years or more old. However that same money could get you into a decent middle of the road set up, that is still an effective rig, ready to hunt. Especially if you look at close out models.

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/13/16 04:13 PM

And by the way, Trump is a buffoon and it's a darn shame we have to vote for him to try to avoid the evils of Hillary or Bernie.

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/13/16 04:15 PM

And it's "break", not "brake" for this context.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/14/16 01:07 AM

I was asking same thing years ago. I went . To Allstar archery in lewisville. Spent more than I had in mind. Was best decesion that I could have made.
Posted By: wkh2213

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/16/16 11:33 AM

I have the new HCA bows, they are $799 for the top models and I'll throw in 1/2 dz arrows
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/16/16 02:11 PM

Ready to hunt Elite Impulse 31 with 11 CE Red 350's for $1150
QAD rest and Spot Hog Tommy sight
In Arlington
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/16/16 04:37 PM

I shoot a pretty nice bow. Elite energy 35 decked out. Have about 14-1500 in it. I will NEVER get this out of it but I like my setup.

I have set up a couple bows for friends and for fun that where picked up at the pawn shops from between $125-225 each. Most recently a 10 bowtech swat, 09 Diamond stud and a blacked out mission craze. With an additional $250-350 in sights rests, quivers, and arrows you can have a very well rounded setup that will do everything my $1500 bow can do.

Be warned,inspect bows carefully, look for fractured or cracked limbs, scraped, bent, cams, worn strings. This is not like buying a new product. Risk v. Reward.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/16/16 07:24 PM

I was lucky enough a couple of years ago to get a used Matthews Z7 loaded for $600, best bow I have ever owned.
Posted By: TxsHunter99

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/17/16 02:18 AM

I'm picking up the Bowtech Fuel tomorrow for $500 with the RAK kit.. Heard the kit sucks but the bow is pretty decent for the price
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/17/16 03:29 PM

I bought a few big box store bows new starting out. Now when I get the urge to change bows I try to find them one year old for about half price. No comparison shooting top end bows vs cheaper bows. One thing about it, it takes several years to find out what bow is perfect for what you want to do. I'm on my fifth bow in about 15 years and think I have finally found the best one for me. Bowtech 360, 60 pounds.
Posted By: Locobilly

Re: Brake down the lay of the land used vs new and price ranges, accessories etc. - 03/18/16 04:03 PM

Based on your location it looks like you are close to The Outdoor Pro Shop in Garland. I just left there with a new bow. While I was there I noticed they had a new 2015 Mission made by Mathews. It was fully set up with arrows and a case for I think around $650. Chuck is great to work with. I waffled around with a Bear from Cabela's that was close to the same price as the Mission. Mission felt way better to me. But I made the mistake of trying the higher-end Mathews HTX and was hooked. If you go up there mention that Billy Sent you. Chuck was so helpful that I told him I would send people his way.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum