Texas Hunting Forum

Any tricks to quieten an Xbow?

Posted By: Big Daddy K

Any tricks to quieten an Xbow? - 12/04/15 04:34 PM

Limbsavers, String silencers?
Posted By: East Texas Archery & Bait

Re: Any tricks to quieten an Xbow? - 12/04/15 06:29 PM

Depends on what X bow you are talking about. Some bows like 10 point can get a huge Dampener kit from Bowjax that works great. other X bows like Barnett you have to either get the solid or split limb silencers from Bow jax or Limb saver and install them... Other x bows have an option to install string stops on there heads and others do not. Its goign to be a research issue then a decision issue.
Posted By: East Texas Archery & Bait

Re: Any tricks to quieten an Xbow? - 12/04/15 06:29 PM

Depends on what X bow you are talking about. Some bows like 10 point can get a huge Dampener kit from Bowjax that works great. other X bows like Barnett you have to either get the solid or split limb silencers from Bow jax or Limb saver and install them... Other x bows have an option to install string stops on there heads and others do not. Its goign to be a research issue then a decision issue.
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Any tricks to quieten an Xbow? - 12/04/15 08:36 PM

Xbows are loud and heavy, friend got one thinking it would be like shooting a rifle, ended up switching to a compound with a release, much quieter/lighter.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Any tricks to quieten an Xbow? - 12/05/15 02:26 AM

Depends on which bow you have. String stops do more than all the limbsaver stuff combined from what I have seen and measured. String stops get you about 40% reduction on a lot of bows or at least the DB app on my phone shows that much. Put limbsavers kit on one that I measured and it got 15% reduction for the whole kit.

There are actually some other makers crossbows the Tenpoint string stop will work on. Put one in a Barnett Recruit the other day and it made a big difference. That was at the customers request but it worked.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum