Texas Hunting Forum

WHAT SIGHT TO BUY???

Posted By: JCB

WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 07:48 AM

Alright guys.....I have taken yalls bow recomendations and compiled a list of bows to look at in the next few weeks!

Now I need some input on sights!

What sight do yall like best and why?

This will be strictly a hunting rig!

Thanks!

Posted By: txcornhusker

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 07:53 AM

Here we go again!

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 07:58 AM

I like my viper sights with the medium size pin. I have 4 pins and use 1 of them. 1st pin is good to 30yards, If I would do it again I would get a 3 pin sight and save a whopping 10 bucks. On longer shots when you have many pins it looks cluttered sometimes. As you know everybodys eyes are different.

Posted By: Double_Drop_Tines

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 08:15 AM

I just bought the Sword Twilight Hunter 5 pin for my new bow. Check out the pic of it on my post. I sighted in the 20 yard pin today, my back yard isn't big enough for the rest of them.

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 08:29 AM

Make sure you get a whisker biscuit for your rest. If anyone says anything negative about them you get this...

J/K JCB...don get a Beginner Biscuit. You hunt with enough Vets that you will be OK!

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 09:01 AM

there all good it depends what you like or your wife will let you spend.

Posted By: cbump

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 10:12 AM

Sword

Posted By: Wes70

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 06:26 PM

Quote:

Sword

+1
Best sight on the market right now.

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 07:37 PM

What kind of $$$$ am I looking at on the Sword and Viper?

Posted By: Wes70

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 08:15 PM

I can cut you a hell of a deal on the Sword, I just need to know what you want to get you a price. You are looking from $50 to $100

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 08:25 PM

Guess I may check out a sword somewhere.
Vipers are around $100give take , match my bow well

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 08:26 PM

Quote:

Make sure you get a whisker biscuit for your rest. If anyone says anything negative about them you get this...

J/K JCB...don get a Beginner Biscuit. You hunt with enough Vets that you will be OK!

Be nice if some people could stay on topic. But I guess thats too much to ask. Hey JCB you better not gather lots of info and have your own opinion or you'll be called names, bashed and riticuled.

Posted By: rifleman

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 09:02 PM

I am partial to the Toxonics. Have never had them give me trouble.

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 10:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Be nice if some people could stay on topic. But I guess thats too much to ask. Hey JCB you better not gather lots of info and have your own opinion or you'll be called names, bashed and riticuled.

Or you can just cry when people don't like your inferior equipment...scratch that, don't be a baby JCB!

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/26/09 11:39 PM

Quote:

I can cut you a hell of a deal on the Sword, I just need to know what you want to get you a price. You are looking from $50 to $100

Sounds fair enough based on what I have been seeing online!

Where is your shop at, or do you just do internet sales?

Right now I dont have a clue what model sight I will buy....heck I dont even know what bow I am going to buy yet!

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/27/09 04:27 AM

Again with the names and bashing. Boy txcornhusker, you never let it go do ya?

From the Rules and Guidelines section:

" 7. No personal attacks
– if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum for at least a month and possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR VIA PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM.

Posted By: Johnny_J_JaMata

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/27/09 05:58 AM

What's so special about the Sword?

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/27/09 06:08 AM

I don't know, I just got mine. I had heard good things about it. I almost got the Black Gold Flashpoint. But after comparing the two, went with the Sword.

Posted By: HighTechRedneck

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/27/09 11:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Or you can just cry when people don't like your inferior equipment...scratch that, don't be a baby JCB!

OK boys and girls. Let's play nice. If you have good or bad things to say about a product fine, post facts either pro or con. I get tired of everytime the whisker comes up in conversation people have to start the whisker war again, and again. Post's get locked that have good information and prevent more good info from being posted. And for those that don't like the negative input from others about the W.B. there is an ignore user button you can use. There are several I wish I could use it on sometimes!!! Ha Ha. Let's just quit bogging up someone's topic over about the W.B. state your facts and back off. Whew! Thank you.

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/28/09 06:30 PM

Spot Hogg makes the best sight in the business. Thats all I will shoot. Yes they are expensive, but you get what you apy for. Sword IMO is a distant second. But Spot Hogg runs away with it hands down. You cannot tear them up and they do not move. Simple easy adjustments. Go all out and get one with a wrap and a light kit and you will not be dissappointed. I shoot the Spot Hog Hoggits, but any sight they make is greatness.

Posted By: strummer

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/28/09 07:21 PM

Depends on how much money you want to spend . Spot hogg and sword are both great . I shoot a spot hoggit with a wrap on it. true glo make a ok sight too.

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/28/09 07:58 PM

Well played sir, well played.

Posted By: immortal13

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/30/09 09:36 AM

Copper John Dead Nuts. As solid as anything out there.

Posted By: tkuehn5410

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 01/31/09 07:14 PM

I shoot an extreme pin sight and love it. I paid $60 for it and is a good sight for the money imo.

Posted By: EastTxHunter1

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 02/01/09 01:19 AM

Extreme RT900

Posted By: HICO_HUNTER

Re: WHAT SIGHT TO BUY??? - 02/02/09 08:15 AM

HHA all the way

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum