Texas Hunting Forum

out in the rain..

Posted By: offinthewoods

out in the rain.. - 11/22/14 04:08 PM

Wondering if y'all have hunted in the rain with your bow? I don't have a stand at all I just use old timber and branches to make a natural blind. Its a light drizzle in my area..
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: out in the rain.. - 11/22/14 04:44 PM

I left my release out in a torrential rain once. Rusted like heck.
My bow also had a teeny tiny bit of rust on it but I just wiped it out.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: out in the rain.. - 11/23/14 06:19 PM

I would go.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: out in the rain.. - 11/23/14 06:22 PM

Drizzle wouldn't slow me down, but rain will. I would go and sit given the chance, but would be very reluctant to shoot anything because of the rain washing out the blood trail.
Posted By: Get'n Jiggy

Re: out in the rain.. - 12/04/14 10:42 PM

I've been hunting all week and it's been sprinkling with scattered showers. I'm in my ground blind so that helps a lot but my vision is limited. Had a doe at 8yds and couldn't move to pull my bow. I finally went for it and she ran off scratch

I'm here till Sat laugh
Posted By: Buckenvy

Re: out in the rain.. - 12/27/14 09:01 AM

Ill hunt the end of the storm, cause as soon as it stops deer will move! Drizzle never drowned anybody, make sure to wax your string good before and after hunting, and a lil oil on the cam bearings wouldn't hurt...
Posted By: Mitch

Re: out in the rain.. - 01/08/15 02:08 PM

You won't see anything if you don't go. That's how I always look at it. Saw my biggest buck this season in literally a driving rainstorm. It was miserable but he showed himself...just had a difficult time looking through the peep, finding my pin, and finding the front shoulder...that's how hard it was raining.
Posted By: passthru

Re: out in the rain.. - 01/08/15 05:02 PM

Finding a blood trail sucks as well. Lost two pigs this was last week. Well technically I found one. Then next day.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum