Texas Hunting Forum

What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand.

Posted By: Terry Chester

What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/14/14 01:34 AM

What do you pack for food,nw hen your planning an all day hunt?

MRE's, freeze dried food, jerky, crackers cheese,

Curious about your palat!

Have a good one
Posted By: BadLander

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/14/14 03:31 AM

Gatorade with out the wrapper on the bottle! Peanut butter sandwiches ! And that's pretty much it!
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/14/14 01:25 PM

Peanut butter crackers and a couple of those Mexican chili candies.
Posted By: bcranch

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/14/14 02:13 PM

Clif bars. but beware, some taste better than others.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/14/14 02:36 PM

I can go all day without food; I have room in my double bull to put an ice chest but the only thing I normally take with me is some water. I'm too old now to hunt off the ground, at my age staying awake is the hardest thing to do in the blind. sleep2
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/14/14 08:36 PM

A bag a donkey butter. "Goes good on biscuits too!"
Posted By: tth_40

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/15/14 12:30 AM

Home made jerky, a few Little Debbie cakes, maybe an Allsups burrito or two and some water.

It's an ever-evolving menu.
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/15/14 05:08 AM

Jerky for me. And water. Maybe a Dr. Pepper.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/15/14 05:28 AM

Today was 2 PB&J samiches, Trail mix, jerkey and water.
Posted By: Terry Chester

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/15/14 04:39 PM

Lol bi, I know what you mean, age and some of the meds I take, cause me to nod off if I get still........
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/15/14 05:25 PM

Water or Coffee (depending on the temperature) and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on wheat bread. Stay hydrate and get some protein & carbs.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/15/14 05:50 PM

water in a bottle, something like a tea in a reuseable container. beef sticks, oreos, crackers, can of snuff, M&M's
Posted By: TWarren

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/16/14 02:46 AM

If I'm sitting I will bring a ProBar or two and some jerky. If I'm going to be hiking around I will pack my backpacking stove and a package of ramen.
Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Re: What do you take to eat , when your planning on an all day sit in the stand. - 11/16/14 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
Peanut butter crackers and a couple of those Mexican chili candies.
mmmmm pulparindo extra spicy. Tell you I hunt like I fish....serious lol. I had been fly fishing for trout all last week. Cooler was loaded with grub as I was camping. went hunting when I got back and took out all the food at 3am when I left. After the morning hunt I got hungry and started looking around then I remembered taking all the food out ha ha. But there was a deer in the cooler when I came back in the afternoon. I do have to admit I finally get into Allsup's country halfway to my deer lease a chimmey and two beef and bean burritos and maybe some howlers sounds pretty good. Had an allsups right across the street from my high school growing up would walk across there and get lunch about five days a week of our five days of school.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum