Texas Hunting Forum

Wise County Movement

Posted By: Terry Chester

Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 03:53 AM

Had not seen a deer in about four days here. Just before sundown looked out the back door had two feeding.

My sister called me as she was coming out, she saw about 15 deer 1/2 mile from the house. Come on Artic front.
Who else is seeing movement?
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 04:40 AM

I did last weekend with the slight an wind. Then it turned back S. Im just sitting in a barn hoping something comes close enough to draw on. Hoping this cold front does something to them

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 04:47 AM

Same here, I'm ready for some action.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 05:57 AM

I sure hope I find a real place to hunt out there next year. My Dad lives in Rhome and I'd sure like to set him up to hunt while I got him around! Good luck to ya, I know Wise Co has put some very nice bucks out past few years

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 06:25 AM

Thanks, good luck to you to. Have had some great deer cross our two little acres. I to hope to find a better place close to home here. If I do I will keep you in mind.

I still remember the hunts my father went with me on. Great memories.

God Bless
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 12:04 PM

That full moon was keeping them in the bedding areas longer. Saturday evening I was thinking packing up since I hadn't seen anything all week when an 8 point came out, so I took him. It should be better now with the front and the full moon going away.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
That full moon was keeping them in the bedding areas longer. Saturday evening I was thinking packing up since I hadn't seen anything all week when an 8 point came out, so I took him. It should be better now with the front and the full moon going away.

Are you having press release with Boone/Crockett on your buck when you get home? duel
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Wise County Movement - 11/11/14 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RLoving1
Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Are you having press release with Boone/Crockett on your buck when you get home? duel

Yes Rowel, Russ is flying in from Australia to get in the discussion of how he managed to influence that buck to wonder in all the way from across the sea. clap
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum