Texas Hunting Forum

would you ever?

Posted By: Arrowslinger82

would you ever? - 10/25/14 12:29 AM

would you ever trade a higher end bow for a lower end bow? maybe you like the way it shoots, maybe you just want that brand etc... would it ever be worth it to anyone?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: would you ever? - 10/25/14 01:20 AM

The most $$$$ bow in the world doesn't mean you will shoot it well
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: would you ever? - 10/25/14 04:43 AM

Maybe. Or I may make sure that I got some cash or accessories to make up the difference, or I may sell the higher end bow, buy the lower end bow, and put the cash in my pocket.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: would you ever? - 10/25/14 06:19 AM

It really seems that today's super duper fast bows, on tv anyway, appear very difficult to draw back smoothly. They struggle to get that last point of the draw, to the wall I think it's called. Elite is using "shootability" to advertise and I can't agree more. My cheap Drenalin is smooth as butter
Posted By: JThoele

Re: would you ever? - 10/25/14 07:38 PM

Last spring I bought a bowtech insanity, which was the flagship bow from bowtech's line up the same year I purchased my bowtech assassin. I decked it out with high quality accessories, but I never could fall in love with it. The grip was the main issue of discomfort. Anyways, I had intention to use this to replace my "economy" assassin, but I couldn't find it superior. I have since sold the insanity and kept the assassin and have complete confidence in it. I have shot several other new bows from various manufactures, some are smoother and some are faster, but nothing has caused me to ditch the assassin and take the plunge into a new bow. That said, I would like to try a few models of Elite bows to see if they can fill the sweet spot.
Posted By: Terry Chester

Re: would you ever? - 10/25/14 10:06 PM

There ya go. You said the magical words. You have confidence in your Other bow. Confidence in a bow, rifle, etc, brings out the best in our ability.

You can have the most expensive weapon in the world, your skills are great, switch over to the other and you can't hit the bulls eye.

Give me the bow, that I have confidence in any day.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum