Texas Hunting Forum

Huntress is a Chip off the old block.

Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/11/14 06:57 PM

I had the pleasure of hunting this morning with one of my favorite hunting partners. My 14 year old daughter. As the teen years are in full swing with her and I can't tell u how good it feels to have her ask me to take her hunting she still has time for her old dad and we always make the most of all are time outdoors. With perfect weather conditions. North wind change in are favor as the front came thru 5 mins after we sat. Rain on the radar close by and on the way. A great misty drizzle falling and 10 mins Till feeder goes off.
As the corn clicked and clanged out walked out a nice 6 point cull buck we watched all summer and the one she had on her hit list was broadside at 40 yards. Crossbow up on the shooting stick a squeeze on the trigger and TWACK!!! This is the first crossbow deer we've seen taken I've bow hunted for over 15 years. And the impact of the arrow and bolt are totally diffrent. This deer was hit so hard it almost got knocked off all 4 feet. The kinetic energy exchange from bolt to deer was massive on impact. Reminded me of a double lung rifle hit at 40 yards. The Bolt entered behind shoulder and went all the way across the body exited infront of rear hind quarter. Surgical incision entry with a swacker and a glorious exit wound that a blind man could follow in the rain. He ran 30 yards and pilled up against a cedar.
As we walked up to it the smile on her face was priceless and I'd give anything in the world to see that smile that big again....
My Huntress Destinie this is her first archery deer taken and I couldn't be any happier of a man today...
Now she's seriosly hooked slingin arrows and now bolts. And ready to sit in a blind alone and enjoy the rush by her self. And she realizes why dad has been so obsessed with archery hunting for so long. And I'm proud she wants to be just like me.... I no they years are running thin and she won't be a lil girl for long. And I cherish my time with my best hunting partners I have. My kids. Her 12 year old sister is next tmaro morning to try for her first deer with a cross bow.
And I will get to witness it another great memory we won't ever forget....
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/11/14 07:42 PM

Awesome!!! Congrats to you both and wish your other daughter the same luck up
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/11/14 08:31 PM

Point of impact after 30 mins of drizzle on it. A blind man could still follow it. Lol
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/11/14 08:50 PM

cheers Congrats!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/11/14 09:32 PM

Good job.
When you have daughters that are hunters, you'll never go hungry that for sure.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/11/14 10:29 PM

Awesome job Dad. Congrats to her.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Huntress is a Chip off the old block. - 10/12/14 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Awesome job Dad. Congrats to her.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum