Texas Hunting Forum

nocks slipping

Posted By: foodieguy

nocks slipping - 10/10/14 11:46 PM

Hi all,

I got some nockturnals and they are popping out of my shafts sometimes. They aren't quite as tight on my new arrows. I think i have the right size though.

What can i use to make them stick better thats not permanent?
Posted By: JThoele

Re: nocks slipping - 10/11/14 01:47 AM

Probably didn't buy the right ones for your arrow brand.
Posted By: JThoele

Re: nocks slipping - 10/11/14 01:49 AM

Using the ones labeled "GT" for my gold tips and they are SNUG.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: nocks slipping - 10/11/14 02:48 AM

Rosin from a rosin bag like used for base ball will make them stick in place better.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: nocks slipping - 10/11/14 03:18 AM

Take a plastic shopping bag and put in on the end of your shaft, then slip the knock in.. pull off the excess bag off and if there's any pieces sticking out take a match or lighter and heat them, they will shrink.

Done it million times; it works!
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: nocks slipping - 10/11/14 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Take a plastic shopping bag and put in on the end of your shaft, then slip the knock in.. pull off the excess bag off and if there's any pieces sticking out take a match or lighter and heat them, they will shrink.

Man great idea. I had one a little loose and I grabbed a bag and tried it out. Tightened right up. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: nocks slipping - 10/11/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tdecker22
Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Man great idea. I had one a little loose and I grabbed a bag and tried it out. Tightened right up. Thanks a lot.
Baling wire, duct tape, now shopping bag. Gonna have to add that one the list. Good tip!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum