Texas Hunting Forum

A place to shoot

Posted By: hoyt38

A place to shoot - 10/07/14 01:41 PM

Hello everyone,
I have just signed up on THF and made a introduction post on the general forum. So now I am asking the archery people for some advice.
I love to shoot / Hunt with a bow as does my wife. We will be moving down to the Converse TX. area next week and was hoping that someone could give me a suggestion on a place I could go shoot at. The ideal place for me would be an outdoor range as I shoot for enjoyment and to keep in shape for hunting so I like to shoot longer yardages.

Thank you.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: A place to shoot - 10/07/14 02:15 PM

I couldn't tell you a range but welcome
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: A place to shoot - 10/08/14 03:20 AM

I grew up not far from there. The only bow range is at a place called "the bow shop" off Nacoperrien in San Antonio. I used to shoot at a few local ponds very close to converse were I would bass fish at. Off fm 78 behind waterburger. I been shooting bows here and catching monster bass there for over 20 years. Welcome to this great forum.

Re: A place to shoot - 10/08/14 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1
I grew up not far from there. The only bow range is at a place called "the bow shop" off Nacoperrien in San Antonio. I used to shoot at a few local ponds very close to converse were I would bass fish at. Off fm 78 behind waterburger. I been shooting bows here and catching monster bass there for over 20 years. Welcome to this great forum.

Thank you anytime, maybe I can get lucky and find someone who will let me shoot on their property. Going to be a big change going from living out in the country all my life to living in a sub division.

Re: A place to shoot - 10/08/14 04:21 PM

Buddy I no what u mean. I don't think I could leave the country after bieng here for awhile. I like the city when I visit it on the way there. But by the time I fight traffic back I'm glad I live on a two lane rd.
Give me a holler after u get settled down here. I'm on 20 acres just north of sa and I have a archery range with a block and 3d target I'd be happy to let u fling a few now and then. Just let me no. And welcome to my neck of the woods

Re: A place to shoot - 10/09/14 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1
Buddy I no what u mean. I don't think I could leave the country after bieng here for awhile. I like the city when I visit it on the way there. But by the time I fight traffic back I'm glad I live on a two lane rd.
Give me a holler after u get settled down here. I'm on 20 acres just north of sa and I have a archery range with a block and 3d target I'd be happy to let u fling a few now and then. Just let me no. And welcome to my neck of the woods

Thank you very much, I may have to take you up on the offer if I can't find anything. And if I do take you up I will bring my own target so I won't shoot yours up.
Your generousity is greatly appreciated.
If interested you are more than welcome to come to Indiana and hunt with me any time.

Re: A place to shoot - 10/10/14 04:51 AM

Thanks buddy I may have to take u up on that Indiana hunt one day. If u need to find fins fir or feathers down in this area give me a holler.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum