Texas Hunting Forum

Quiver question

Posted By: spencer

Quiver question - 10/03/14 02:30 PM

How do y'all carry your extra arrow with broadheads on them.. I have been looking at the rage cage quiver. What y'all think or how do y'all carry them
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Quiver question - 10/03/14 10:31 PM

I carry 5 arrows in a regular quiver. I take it off when I get in the stand and hang it on a hook. I've shot all 5 in a sit before. We have lots of pigs.

Re: Quiver question - 10/03/14 11:30 PM

The o-ring on my broadhead keeps tearing and my broadhead opens with my quiver How do I keep that from happen
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Quiver question - 10/03/14 11:34 PM

Obvious answer: use a broadhead that doesn't have an o-ring

Another option is to get a quiver that locks the arrow in, not the broad head. Basically, the broad head is in the cover, but there is no foam that it sticks in. Probably very similar to the rage cage quiver.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Quiver question - 10/03/14 11:49 PM

Sorry can't help you with your rubber bands. Grim Reapers don't have that problem.

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 12:11 AM

I'm using rage broad heads
Posted By: passthru

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 12:20 AM

Use the style with two clips for the arrow shaft and an open cover vs. one you stick the broadhead into foam.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
I carry 5 arrows in a regular quiver. I take it off when I get in the stand and hang it on a hook. I've shot all 5 in a sit before. We have lots of pigs.
Yep

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 01:39 AM

I've got two quivers for archery season. A bow quiver I remove at the stand with 5 arrows and heads for deer. And a hip quiver with 6 arrows and heads for pigs and small game.

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 01:57 AM

I'm new to the bow scene. So I'm learning as I go. Thanks for y'all's help
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 03:07 AM

I use a pouch quiver. It hangs on the side of my stand with easy access for a 2nd arrow. Nothing for the BH to cut the o ring, BUT, if you go with fixed heads like I do, you will NEVER have another BH failure.
Just sayin!!!

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: spencer
I'm new to the bow scene. So I'm learning as I go. Thanks for y'all's help

We all learn. Every season, every shot, sometimes every hunt. 25 years of this and sometimes I think I haven't learned enough to even be out there yet. Making mistakes and asking questions is part of it. And no one on here should mind helping where they can.
Posted By: Nolan Outdoors

Re: Quiver question - 10/04/14 09:08 PM

Get yourself a Tight Spot quiver and Grim Reapers.
Posted By: TMc

Re: Quiver question - 10/06/14 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey
Originally Posted By: ChrisB
Yep

X2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum